[ nos-tal-gia ]

Monday, March 23, 2015

Memory is a diary we always carry with us.

(Ripped from Instagram)

"I'm no longer active in politics. It's irrelevant to me what young Singaporeans think of me. What they think of me after I'm dead and gone in one generation will be determined by researchers who do PhDs on me.

I did what I thought was right, given the circumstances, given my knowledge at the time, given the pressures on me at the time. That's finished, done. I move forward. You keep harking back, it's just wasting time.

I have no regret. I have spent my life, so much of it, building up this country. There is nothing more that I need to do. At the end of the day, what have I go? A successful Singapore. What have I given up? My life."

-Mr Lee Kuan Yew

Thanks for being an inspiration. Rest in peace, Mr Lee. You will be fondly remembered.


You have my respect.


No comments:

Post a Comment