[ nos-tal-gia ]

Monday, May 30, 2016

For the dead and the broken.

Hong Kong Overseas Trip
19 May 2016 to 24 May 2016
Overseas Trip with Friends

(Hongkong's landscape)

As I stepped on board the plane back to Singapore, I was filled with mixed feelings. On one hand, I yearn to hurry back to a familiar surrounding, to run into the warm embrace of my motherland. On the other hand, I could not help but feel a tinge of longing for the city I visited.

Hong Kong is undoubtedly beautiful with her incredible views and food highly pleasant to my taste buds. The people, the architecture, the sights and sounds. I guess I will miss this cityscape very much.

As I take in the impressive scenery and breathe in the beautiful landscapes, I feel moments of relief. Lightweight, as if I'm rid of all the troubles and burdens that I have been carrying on my shoulders all this while. This short trip has indeed provided me a brief respite from the stress I faced back in Singapore.

Even though I dislike the complicated streets of Hong Kong which makes travelling cumbersome from having to consult the GPS,  I guess in some way or so, it invokes the inquisitive self in me and makes me crave exploring the city. The six days in Hong Kong has been a fulfilling one, albeit being short. As much as I would like to interact with the people to gain a deeper understanding of the city, my poor command of the Cantonese language forbids me from doing so, and this is a pity. However, even with mere observation, I think I gained more insights about the city's rich culture and the way of living. I am extremely grateful that I decided to embark on this little travel trip that bestows me with such an amazing experience.

My travel companions are nothing short of splendid as we take care of one another, ensuring each other's safety and well-being. No amount of words can describe how thankful I am for their presence.

Thank you, the land of dimsum. You left me wonderful memories that are deeply imprinted at the back of my mind.

But for now, I am glad to set foot in Singapore. This trip will definitely be one that I will hold fond memories of but, home is still the best.

And because they say Hong Kong is a eating-and-shopping paradise (pictures are not in order):

(First breakfast in HongKong)

(Takeaway lunch)

(Singapore's Blackball tastes nicer)

(Cheesy maggie with pork cutlet)

(Ham and egg sandwich)

(Milktea)

(Cold Noodles)

(McCafe's Hazelnut Latte)

(Cheap breakfast set meal)

(Tim Ho Wan with horrendously long queue, so we takeaway)

(Jumbo-sized mango sago, with mochi and carrot cake dipped in xo sauce)

(Scramble egg sandwich from Australian Diary which taste heavenly)

(Curry fishballs)

(Stinky tofu)

(First time with intestines)

(Blueberry Cheesecake)

(Macaroni set at Australian Diary)

(Almond drink)

(Milk pudding)

(McDonalds' breakfast - twisty pasta)

(Vinegar apple cream puff)

(Coconut drink)

(Australian Diary's scramble egg sandwich again)

(Cannot get over their macaroni set)

(Milk and almond pudding)

(Roasted Goose noodles, but they give me all bones, cries)

(Seafood cheese baked rice that taste like mui fan)

(Almond tofu, this is damn delicious)

(Doraemon's yakult)

I guess it's time for me to rid those extra pounds I gained from the trip.


Can you see me,
through the smoke and the fear.
Understanding all I wanted to hear.
One lonely voice.
One simple choice.

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to do a review!!! And share the itinerary HAHAHAS

    ReplyDelete