[ nos-tal-gia ]

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Travel far enough, you meet yourself.

End of Week 4 internship.

Two new interns joined us last week and our lunch group just expanded to 9 of us. LOL, what a big group. Grateful to all of them because it has been a long while since I have such a big group of friends. Hehehes (: As the internship is coming to an end, I can't help but feel sad. I really like this bunch of intern friends. Wouldn't trade them for anyone else.

(Udon)

I forgot which eatery I went to, but it was a small shop tucked in a corner at Square 2. It is beside Pastamania to be exact. This bowl of goodness costs $8.90. It tasted not bad!

Spending way too much for lunch as an intern. LOL, I compared my lunch expenses with Amanda the other day, and it was horrifying to find that I actually spent double of hers?! Wth. Consequences of having male intern friends who eat like there's no tomorrow. After lunch, there will always be desserts and tea. Gosh. And I will join them in buying also, because temptations. Ahhh.

Work-life balance. I scheduled a lot of meetups with friends as well, :D But it is tiring to go out after work. Sighs.

1. Meetup with the NM people

First group of friends I found in NM. Thanks for making me believe that making genuine friends in University is not impossible. I'm glad that I can continue walking down the rest of my University life with y'all. :D

(Ripped from therantingpanda.com)

Went Koh Grill and Sushi Bar for dinner and I finally tried Shiok Maki! It is really Shiok! Advantage of going out in big groups: you can order more variety and pay lesser. Hahaha! We tried their stir-fried noodles and seafood fried rice as well, and really, it was the nicest rendition that I have ever eaten! I finally understood what all the rave is about HAHAHA.

(Ice Lab)

First time trying Ice Lab, and hmm, I felt that it was overrated. LOL, definitely prefer Oma'spoon or Nunsaram over this!

2. Meetup with Vivian Phang

My good old secondary school friend. Hahaha! It's funny how we are both in the same major yet we seldom see each other in school. Hmm, but always a good catch up session with her.

We headed to Sunday Folks for dinner. Waffles for dinner? Hahaha yup, we are insane. Vivian said she has a craving for ice and waffles, so off we go!

(Still looks good)

However, I guess it has been a long time since I last stepped in Sunday Folks. Everything changed omg. The counter now doesn't display the different ice cream flavours. Instead it is replaced by a display of colourful cakes. And we have problems deciphering the menu, so there are some hiccups in the ordering process. LOL.

(The Red Turtle)

After dinner, we travelled all the way to The Projector for a movie! Omg, it is a place whereby I have always wanted to try just that it is very far so I'm lazy to travel. Excuses I know LOL. $11.50 for the movie ticket, I think is quite pricey but for the experience, it is worth it!

The movie plot was about this man shipwrecked on a tropical island, and how he fell in love with a turtle-turned-woman. Hahaha reminds me of the recent drama that I just watched - Legend of the Blue Sea - whereby the male lead fell in love with a mermaid-turned-woman. Hahahaha!

3. Dinner with Vivian Ng

Dropped by Bugis to meet this babe! Cheapskate us ate Eighteen Chef for dinner because there is the $6.40 student meal deal. (: Ordered my favourite baked rice with the mango sauce. Hehehe :D Save money for dinner, so can get dessert! 

(Nunsongyee)

First time trying as well. It is not bad, but it is on the expensive side. So I still prefer O'ma Spoon or Nunsaram! (: Got our favourite chocolate banana flavor!

4. Tea with the sister

Went out of office last Friday and lucky me got to knock off earlier. (: The sister decided to jio me for bingsu because she was in the vicinity. Geeez, always make use of me to pay for her cravings ehs T.T

(Nunsaram)

Got the large Tiramisu because there is 20% discount hehehes! I like the cake, but nahs, my verdict is that tiramisu don't go well with bingsu LOL! 

But yeahs, I think I may be insane for eating bingsu three times this week. But I'm never getting sick of it. Especially if the weather is going to continue like this - damn hot. (:


You make me feel like I can
never get close enough to you.
As if our souls were trying to
hold each other, but our bodies
got in the way.
-Zachry K. Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment