[ nos-tal-gia ]

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Dear old friends, I miss all the laughs we used to have.

Biannual meetup with Kenneth and Jordon, and guessed who got lost in Orchard again? Hahahas! Went to Machida Shoten, which is located at Japan Food Town @ Wisma Atriafor dinner as recommended by Kenneth; wth I swear he has an obsession with ramen because I am forever eating ramen whenever I meet him??

(Ramen)

This restaurant is famous for its 'iekei ramen', which basically meant “house-type” from the kanji “家”. They allow you to customise your ramen bowl, so you are able to chose your specified softness/hardness of noodles, the oil level etc. Yay!

I ordered the Shoyu Tonkotsu Ramen, which is a mixture of soya sauce and pork bone broth. They have other flavors as well, such as miso soup base, but personally I prefer my ramen soup to tend towards salty for a more flavorful taste!

And the best thing? Wednesdays are ladies' night! We weren't aware of this, and the waitress did not clarify - she just asked me what drinks I want, and when I reply iced water, she gave me the weird look before asking me to choose between green tea/carbonated drinks. LOL, we needed to probe her to know that it's actually Ladies Night geeez! I ended up getting a free drink and a free scoop of ice cream, yipee! :D #cheapthrills

We talked about everything under the sun like girls and dating, and ohgosh not sure if Kenneth was drunk on iced water or what, he was super nonsensical that day LOL. And he simply can't shut his mouth and just continued talking throughout. But okay, he was super funny HAHAHA.

(Yoogane)

(When it is cooked)

On a separate occasion, Amanda and I went for a public networking session at school and it was quite useless in my opinion. We were still thinking why were there so little people around, but we quickly knew the reason. LOL, have always feel that networking sessions are pretty useless because I am 'unmemorable' so x.x

After which, we headed to Yoogane, Westgate, for lunch because they have lunch promotions! ~$15 after taxes for unlimited amount of toppings - it is quite a good deal to me! I think we sat there for close to 2-3 hours just stuffing ourselves until it was dinner time and we decided to leave LOL. It has been a long time since we went out to eat something nice, so I really appreciate the time spent together! *virtual hugs*


Listen to me girl,
you have castles inside your bones,
and coronets in your heart.
If he threatens you with battle,
you raise him a whole war,
the last time I checked,
Queens cower before no man.

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I came across your review online and I saw that u took GEH1070 previously.

    I’m currently planning on taking this module and would love to have some additional resources (lecture, tutorial notes, past year papers, quizzes and assignments, book).

    Could you kindly share your materials (files/folder) with me? I’d really appreciate it, truly.

    If there’s anything I can do for you in return, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

    Thank you very much!

    My email is: unistuff.nus@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete