[ nos-tal-gia ]

Friday, October 18, 2013

Cause lovers dance, when they're feeling in love.

Strangers.

It was an awkward feeling. We had just started school recently, and within a month, we had to do a General Paper (GP) Assignment. It was during the March holidays break. It was a groupwork and I was assigned by my teacher to assign the groups for this assignment. That was when I first met you.

It was an awkward feeling. We seldom talk, just like strangers. The first time that we really talked was when we had lunched at Popeyes after my project. We went home together with our other groupmates. You lived at the West too, like me.

Friends.

We began to talk in school. Small talks initially. As the days past, we found more and more topics to talk about. We talked about practically everything. School, friends, hobbies. Everything.

Close friends.

I remember how we used to argue about which idol is prettier or more handsome. I remember how we used to argue who is our bias in each kpop group. I remember how we used to discuss our ideal types. I remember how we used to confide in each other.

Yupp, those are just memories now. Faded memories. It had been approximately four months since I last talked to you. I tried to salvage our friendship, but it still failed terribly.

Strangers.

I used to grumble about the efforts that you had never put in to continue our friendship. At a point in time, I just felt tired. Really tired. Tired from everything. But I perservered. I tried my best. It still didn't worked out.

I'm sorry. I had been deceiving myself. I know you were trying to push me away when you sensed that I'm starting to like you. I knew about it all along. But I refused to back down. I realised that I'm just self deceiving.

I should learn to let go now. It had been four months. Four months! This is so unlike me. Although the story had to end in such a manner, I just want to let you know, that I'm sorry for the trouble caused and am grateful for those days where you stood by me.

Thankyou.

I sincerely hope that you will meet somebody way better than me. Somebody who will cherish you more than me. Somebody who will treasure you more than me. Somebody who will love you more than me.

Somebody who is better than me.
You deserve better.

No comments:

Post a Comment