[ nos-tal-gia ]

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

You are my light in the dark, you are the beating in my heart.


(Ripped from Pinterest)


You is such a strong word. It can make someone beam from ear to ear, feeling delighted. Yet it can also make someone feel as worse as hell.

"You are so pretty. You are so smart." These are positive words that send you in a cheery mood. Yet this word can also be used in such context: "You are so fat. You are so short." These negative words are definitely not pleasing to ears. In fact, it makes one feel annoyed and irate.

I guess some people are just too insensitive to people's feelings. They ought to put themselves in the shoes of others and empathise with them. Yeahs, they may have certain traits that others don't have, but so what? Others may also have other positive characteristics that they don't have. It sucks to meet such people in your life, where they just keep hurting you unknowingly. Yeahs, I understand that some of them mean no harm, and that they only tease you for fun. However, do understand that such words do hurt sometimes to some extent.



Just when I think I'm moving forward,
Something stops me in my tracks.
I tell myself I can ignore you,
But then I just keep looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment