[ nos-tal-gia ]

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

This is a modern fairytale with no happy endings.

Day 5 in Taiwan

Today's attraction: 东北角海岸国家风景区

(总统府)

(Barriers)

A view taken from the taxi. It was one day after the Elections, and so we can see many barriers around the government building (to prevent protests? I mean, the national party lost so badly).

So we went to 放天灯 at 十分火车站. Legit train station, got trains drive past at times one. Hahahas. Dangerous omg. You will know what I'm saying after looking through some photos below. Hahahas! :D


(Yours truly writing down my wishes)


(Legit railway)


(Please fly further and higher!)

Stopped in the middle of the road for a photo-taking session. This is the good thing about Taiwan, you can park your car at one side in the middle of nowhere. Try doing that in Singapore, confirm warning letter. Lmao! This is the legendary 阴阳海.


(The different shades of the rocks)


(The different colours of the sea)


(The different colours of the sea make up the 阴阳, hence its name)


(WOW, the rocks is like super yellowish -.-)

Then we stopped by the 黄金瀑布. Gold because the rocks are like gold in colour due to the sun blahs blahs blahs (geog stuff). Hahahas! :D 


(Family photo!)


(And guess who I saw?)

Hahahas, fancy meeting Jojo here when I was whatsapping Seah the day before that I won't see Jojo in Taiwan one. Lmao! Fate. :D But I was just leaving when she arrived. Hahahas, so we didn't stay long.

Next up, 鼻头角步道. Yes, a mini expedition. Hahahas! :D


(At the entrance)


(Horrifying flight of stairs)


(A school located up in the mountains)


(Fishing area)


(Panting our way up)


(The beautiful flowers swaying to the breeze)


(And oops, my fringe gone!)

Hahahas, it was really windy as we made our way up. (: I guess it was because we were just next to the sea. One word to describe my feeling at that instance: 爽!


(My cute parents)


(See the sea of mountains behind us?)

(The Great Wall of China)

Hahahahas, :D Don't it look like?


(Rocks, rocks and more rocks)


(Family photo!)


(The latest version of Angry Birds)


(Closer to the sea)

Final destination: 基隆庙口夜市

They are quite different from the past few night markets that I have been to. The food they sell is quite interesting, but the goods and items are similar though.


(Some red bean soup with youtiao)


(Yam cake)


(豆花 with balls)

I love the 粉圆. Hahahas, taro balls, potato balls. Yum yum! :D I need to go Blackball soon to satisfy my cravings!


This is a modern fairytale
No happy endings
No wind in our sails
But I can't imagine a life without
Breathless moments
Breaking me down down down down

No comments:

Post a Comment