[ nos-tal-gia ]

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Dreaming dreams with happy endings.

(Ripped from Google images)

Pitter patter. Pitter Patter.

It is raining now as I type this. Just like how it rained during the 1968 National Day Parade. Then, the participants for the parade marched 8km under the pouring rain to celebrate this special joyous occasion. Our then Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew had warned them of the gloom they will be facing beforehand, yet the participants had the indomitable spirit and resolve to complete the parade despite the storms.

Today, we will wave our final goodbyes to our beloved nation father. The sky is tearing up, and yet it did not rain for the past 4 days when thousands of people queued to pay their final respects at the Parliament House. Even the sky feels for him.

To the people who braved the heavy rain to line on the streets today, I commend them for their resilience and perseverance. It depicts a scene of proud Singaporeans sending Mr Lee on his last journey.

With utmost respect, we will eternally honour our beloved nation papa.

//

Updated: And I'm glad that I am lucky enough to catch the funeral procession (I was actually on my way home from the NUH when I saw a line of people and I decided to join them. And within minutes, I managed to witness the gun carriage driving past). Mindblown.

On a side note, I am grateful that Amos Yee was finally arrested by the police for his malicious delusional insults on Mr Lee.


Most things, both good and bad,
are opportunities for us to become
more refined versions of ourselves.
What I mean is, a better human.

No comments:

Post a Comment