[ nos-tal-gia ]

Saturday, August 8, 2015

When you said your last goodbye, I died a little inside.

(My closer colleagues/superiors: Rachelle, Celeste and Feifei)

Most of my friends stopped working for a long time before I stopped. So when Amanda and Huiqi told me that they missed working a lot, I took it with a pinch of salt. I could not understand why would people miss working. Work is just a burden. We have to commit ourselves to the job, sacrifice our time to chill with our friends, and to face the ever-changing moods of the bosses. The only thing I look forward during working is payday. LOL! :D

However, I was so wrong. On my last day of work, I got so emotional that I really tried my best to stop my tears from falling because it would have been so embarrassing. Thankfully that I already took my pictures with my colleagues beforehand. If I really took it on my last day, I bet most of the pictures will turn out bad because I would have been teary-eyed. :/ That's how emotional I am. I finally realised that it is not work that I miss, it is the company of my colleagues/superiors that I miss dearly. :3

(Gift that my colleagues got me)

Special thanks to my superiors Rachelle, Celeste and Feifei for getting me this Espirit bag as a farewell gift and treating me KFC on my second last day of work. :D I went to check the price of the bag (sorry, being kaypo here), and realised that it is not cheap?! It costed $49.90 lmao omg. I am really thankful to the three of them. It has been great working under them for they took really good care of me. (Y)

(Gifts and cards that I got for them)

I got my closer colleagues a set of Hello Kitty hand cream and hand sanitizer each, and the others NIVEA hand cream. I figured that working in a air-conditioned place with the laptop as your best friend, their hands are bound to get dry/rough, hence the hand creams. I also wrote a letter for them each, as well as printed polaroids to serve as memory. :D Thoughtful of me? Hahahahas! Keeeding!

(With Rachelle, my finance manager)

(Celeste, assistant finance manager)

(Feifei, accountant)

Didn't took a picture with the rest of the colleagues because I was too shy to ask for one. Hahahas! :D Anyways, many thanks to Catherine, my CFO, for the lunch treat on my last day as well. Curry fish head is the new love. She was so nice that she even helped me scooped the fish and removed the bones before passing the fish to me. Awww, so sweet! <3

(My last day selfie)

(My workspace)

I guess I will really miss this place dearly. Heard that the lease is going to be up soon, and it will be ending next March. Sighpie. My company is going to be relocated I guess.

(Buildings and cars that I see everyday on my way to work)

(The cross junction where one have to wait for eternity before the green man comes on)

(The warm golden rays after the rain)

Warning below!

(Dead bird carcass)

It is not very clear here, but I guess you could see it if you zoom in. Dead bird carcasses are commonplace in my work area. So... even after seeing countless of them, I still get goosebumps whenever I see them. Eeew! Anyways, special mention to Daniel for comforting me everytime I see this unsightly scene. Hahahas! :DDD


All I want is nothing more
to hear you knocking at my door.
'Cause if I could see your face once more,
I could die a happy man I'm sure.

2 comments: