[ nos-tal-gia ]

Friday, August 14, 2015

So I'm just waiting for fate to come, to wrap around me.

Beware of a long post ahead hahahahas!

(Click clique)

Life's been hectic recently. My Arts O'week camp ended on a high note (will blog about it soon), and two days later, it was the start of university. University life sucks big time, me and Manda practically spent our time at the library/bookshop trying to print notes. But printing is not as big as a problem, it is the finding part that costed our lives. T.T Sighpie. Speaking of this, I haven't printed all my notes. I felt so frustrated about it, that I just pushed it one side. Oops. :/

But ohwell, other than this, everything went on just fine. :D I'm thankful for the people around me who helped me survived week 1 (and yes you, special mention to my best pal, Manda Seah) :D

DAY 1:

This was a good day because my EL1101E (English exposure module) lecture ended in 48 minutes. Manda and I were late for around 10 minutes because we could not find the auditorium (ohboy, I missed AJ!). So technically we only attended 38 minutes worth of lecture. Whoopie! :D

People say that, the more you try to avoid, the more you will see it. And yes, that was true. T.T I was trying to avoid my psychology camp OG mates (just somehow felt awkward), but I ended up sitting next to them during lecture. :/ Because we were late, I was just focusing on finding 2 empty seats and after I settled down, I turned my heads and saw the row of my OG mates. Bangwall.

Went to NUS CO-OP and was caught in a daylight robbery. The coursebooks are super expensive?! Spent a total of $138 for three psychology compulsory textbooks - two hardcopies and one e-book - (luckily I shared with Manda, so I only paid half the price). Sighpie. And to think that I used to complain that JC books are expensive when we paid less than $20 for a hardcopy T.T

Went to the library next to find our books. It was tiring omg. Then we decided to print the psychology e-book out but apparently the printed quality isn't that good, so in the end I offered to copy and paste the entire document into Word before sending it to print. It is not an easy feat okay, I'm only done with Chapter 1. Sobs.

And my day zoomed past. We didn't even lepak or something, but by the time we finished our stuff and headed home, it was already 6pm plus. Zzz. Whut. Time flies when you are busy T.T

Day 2:

Attended PL2131 Research and Statistics I (Psychology compulsory module) in the morning with Manda, and we had a good laugh at the lecturer's accent. She's from Taiwan by the way. But I guess that's the good thing about her because it keeps me awake and want to pay attention in order to catch every word she is saying.

Ended the day earlier as compared to the day before. Just lepaking around and continue printing our notes (ohgawd life sucks).

Day 3:

Went for the Student Life Fair (aka CCA open house) with Manda, her secondary school friend Teckling and Teckling's friend Yijun. We met by chance, and I think they are nice people. I guess I can communicate with them, so I'm feeling good. :P

Signed up for a few clubs (but none really caught my interest omg), and I am just so lazy to attend their welcome teas. Omg. Went for lunch later on with 1/5 of the O'weekers at Singapore Poly (specifically Minghan'BFF, Darryl, Yewonn and Aron), and I swear Darryl drives like a race car driver omg. I think if I sit in his car any longer, I am bound to have motion sickness omg.

Then went for two lectures for the day: MS1102E Malay studies and PL1101E Introduction to Psychology. I find both lectures boring?! They were just so dry and I couldn't concentrate. Just kept using my phone throughout which is bad because I didn't really pay attention.

Met a new friend, Chi Ting, who attended both lectures with us. (I just remembered her name after Manda told me). I guess she's nice and all, but I am kind of on a different frequency with her. So we only make small tiny talks. :/ Awkward max.

(The special spaghetti set)

Ended week 1 of university with a dinner date at Miam Miam, Westgate, with the clique. Yay! I survived week 1 omg. #achievementunlocked I realised how much I missed the girls when I saw them. Those good old days... hmm...


Riding on waves, walking on sand.
Digging in caves to find the treasures of the land.
And if we find gold, well, we'll just throw it away.
We can write stories about the journeys that we made.

1 comment: