[ nos-tal-gia ]

Sunday, August 23, 2015

You took my soul and wiped it clean.

(Rose)

Beauty can't last forever.

This is a rose that yours truly folded a few years back, and I thought that it looked pretty, so I left it on my bedside table for decoration purpose. However, it soon became dusty and so I threw it in a bin.

Indeed, beauty cannot last forever. People say that it is not good to get real flowers, because they will wilt, and fake flowers can just continue staying pretty. I beg to differ. No matter real or fake, the outcome will still be the same: thrown away miserably in the bin.

Some things can't last forever. No matter how hard you try, you just cannot get / maintain it. You simply can't water the withered flower and yearn for it to bloom again. It is just wishful thinking. But memories stay gold. Memories don't back out on you. Memories just stay there.

Sometimes, I really wish things could just go back to before. 


High hopes, when it all comes to an end.
But the world keeps spinning around.

No comments:

Post a Comment