[ nos-tal-gia ]

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Our love was made for movie screens.

Throwback.

This is a late post on how I spent my National Day. Hahahahas! (: Happy belated birthday Singapore! #stillproudtobeaSingaporean #stillproudtocallSingaporemyhome

So basically, I only break camp on the 8th August, and I reached home past midnight, which means technically I only left 2 days of holidays (9th and 10th August) before university starts officially.

So for the first day of holiday, I slept my way through till noon. I had maggie for lunch because my mama is too lazy to cook lmao, and was nagged to unpack my 'luggages' from camp. Took me a whole two hours to sort out everything, and viola there are piles and piles of clothes to be washed?! :/ I felt as if I just went on a shopping spree. Hahahahahas! (:

Headed to Jurong East for a simple dinner, which is a bad idea because it was ever so crowded?! But free transport was an attractive incentive so... LOL! :D And that basically ended my day, boring shit omg.

For the second day of holiday, I am honoured to say that I finally made a step onto the newest UNESCO World Heritage Site - Singapore Botanics Garden! (: Whoopie! What a great birthday gift to Singapore. So proud of Singapore!

(That green landscape)

(Flowers)

(That greenery)

(That aged tree)

(Mummy's favourite)

(White with a tinge of purple)

(My first picture)

(Selfie with mummy)

(Shade)

(I realised I like orange flowers)

(An exotic-looking one)

(Pinkish-purplish)

(Waited for long for this, finally I can take a decent photo without any photobombers)

(They have photo-taking spots LOLOL)

(Ain't my mummy cute??)

(Resembles a trumpet, LOLOL I don't know)

(They even have gardens with flowers named after certain world dignitaries, but I only recognised Margaret Thatcher and Ban Ki-Moon T.T)

(This is a really weird one)

(I like these white and pure flora)

(Cluster)

(Looks like a bunch of grapes from far)

(I don't know what are these)

(I don't really like this colour combination)

(See what I meant by I don't know most of the world dignitaries?)

(Small and tiny)

(Disgusting but interesting)

(A weird but nice-looking tree)

(And they are too tall for me to have a close-up :/)

(Yay, more orange!)

(My mummy being pretty here)

(And they are hanging over my head)

(Exotic exotic!)

(The 'leaves' are very soft in fact)

(Hahahahas)

(Weird again)

(I like this colour)

(More grapes-like looking flowers)

(Reminds me of a bird's beak)

Okay, sorry for the spam of photos. However, I only visited the Orchid Garden (because it was free due to SG50) although I already walked for three hours plus omg. Had to leave earlier than scheduled because it started pouring again and we don't want to be caught up in the rain. :/ I swear that the Botanics Garden is really HUGE?!

Overall it is a great place, but perhaps they could plant more trees because there isn't much shade and it doesn't help if we are in the sunny Singapore. Another tip: consider having a picnic there because there are alot of empty places and you get to enjoy the nice vast greenery (just pray that it isn't sunny but cloudy), and also because the restaurants/eateries there are limited and expensive, unless you want to travel to town for food.

And do bring your partner along. Because certain views are just romantic. /winks/


Broken bottles in the hotel lobby,
Seems to me like I'm just scared
of never feeling it again.
I know it's crazy to believe in silly things,
But it's not that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment