[ nos-tal-gia ]

Saturday, October 10, 2015

It's much too quiet in here. I want to disappear. I'm hearing myself thinking too clear.

Last weekend I went back to NUS to volunteer for this Run for Autism event, and it was nothing short of amazing. Initially I was quite reluctant to go, and was even thinking of pulling out, because I had no time to study for an uncoming midterm, but okay, I forced myself to go in the end, and I didn't regret my choice.

I was a road marshal under the Faculty of Science block (but apparently I was stationed at one of the courts at YIH LOL). The brilliant sun shone down so brightly that I think I'm going to be chao ta anytime. But thankfully, the run ended swiftly in around an hour. Hahahahas. And it didn't felt like an hour because I was busy people-watching. LOLOL! There are participants from all walks of life, from kids to adults to elderly, the autistic and parents who even pushed their baby prams! :DD They are damn cute hehehes.

And I'm quite touched by the participants' concerns for me. (: Some of them made small talks with me and even chided me for not wearing cap / applying sunblock (problem is I didn't know I will be assigned to such a sunny area; Manda was under shade all this while). Hahahahas, felt so blessed to be showered with concerns by strangers.

Some visuals of the event:

(With Amanda, Yanlin, Xingyu and Christel!)

(Now I understand why everyone loves taking photos at Town Green already)

(Rainbow!)

(Jump shot successfully taken at first try)

(Do we look like cleaners yet?)

(Photobooth)

(With Manda's YFA fellow interns)

(Lunch over at some Vietnamese restaurant at Kent Ridge)

It was more of having fun than volunteering, hahahahas! (: There's free ice cream and candy floss. LOL, and maybe next time if Project Embrace got any exhibition or anything, we can borrow the storyboards and all from the Run for Autism. LOLOL, outsourcing.


All the pain and the truth,
I wear like a battle wound.
So ashamed, so confused.
I was broken and bruised.
Now I'm a warrior.

No comments:

Post a Comment