[ nos-tal-gia ]

Monday, February 29, 2016

I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight.

Quick update before I head back to studying. T.T First midterm down today, and yeahs it was easy like what my seniors said. But I have a couple of questions unsure ._. And it's going to kill me. Arghs. Why no why, midterms please be good to me!

Last week's Recess Week :D

Monday.

Headed out to study with Vian at Jurong East library. First time being there, and wah the library is really damn big and conducive for studying?! We tried to explore this newspaper-film-reading thing using the machine, but apparently we can't and as we tried to turn the machine, the film flew out and created such a loud noise that eyes started staring at us. Ooops. Why does it seem that we will always create a ruckus everywhere we go huh? LOL!

(Astons for lunch)

And nope, I didn't order all that by myself. Hahahahas, double-up chicken shared with le bestie.

(Choco Banana Bingsu)

And we gave ourselves a break from studying.

Studying was quite effective (but it only lasted for maximum 2-3 hours?) LOLOL, we ended up playing Monopoly Deal in the library. Ooops. And I won all the rounds. Hahahahas, lady luck on my side? Or is it just I zai? LOL! :DDD

Tuesday.

Attended this volunteer briefing that I signed up for with Amanda. Wah, information overdosed (or more like I'm too tired). Hahahahas, what used to seem interesting seems intimidating now. Shit, no regrets please no regrets. Glad that we chose the night shifts because we can work together. :DDD

Headed home to bathe and all before meeting Jingren for dinner at Brotzeit, Westgate. My first time there, and hmm, it was an eye-opener? Everyone in there has a drink to complement their food. Hahahahahas! :D

I'm not good with German cuisine, and cause I paiseh take picture, here's a screenshot of my dinner I found online. Hehehehes! :DD

(This is a tad too dry, not as nice though!)

And I packet 1/2 of the pizza home for my family because we cannot finish eating. LOL! (: One pizza has like 16 square pieces. Two pizzas has 32 pieces. Ouch, fat die us. x.x

(But this is delicious! :D)

And apparently Jingren agreed too, because he kept attacking this plate instead of the other one?! Hahahahas! But this is really finger-licking good. :D

(Dessert)

(Real-time situation of my dessert)

The pancakes are fluffy, just the way I like it. The rum and raisins taste is not very strong, it is like a faint taste but good enough to trigger my tastebuds. But I hate the plum sauce. I find it too sweet? I ended up eating the pancakes without the plum sauce albeit a little dry. :/

Total bill amounts to $60. I was full. :D Comparing to Supply & Demand, it is nicer but much less filling. I didn't try Supply & Demand's side dishes or desserts, so no comments on that. Hahahas. The price range around the same though.

Bought him a birthday present, and glad that he liked it. :DD But I still need to improve on my taste for buying gifts for the opposite sex though. LOLOL! Apparently, I suck at that. Guys are so troublesome tsktsk. >.<

Wednesday.

Headed out early in the morning all the way to Farrer Park to conduct interviews with the elderly for my burdensome NM2104 project. It was just a freaking level 2000 module but there's so many things to do ._. Blame it on the over-enthusiastic professor. Hahahahas. Initially the task was to conduct 5 interviews (each lasting 60-90 minutes) per person, but apparently I guessed many wrote to him to complain, and the requirement was changed to 4 interviews (each lasting 40-60 minutes) per person. Ohyeahs!! It was apparently a life-savior for me although 40 minutes is still damn difficult. T.T

Came home with a sore throat because we each conducted 4 interviews consecutively. It was close to 3h of non-stop talking and it was horrible. I was trying hard not to doze off / close my eyes because it will be rude, but some elderly just drone on and on and on, that was irrelevant to what I was interviewing for. T.T And I find it hard to cut in sighs. LOLOL Puke blood.

But they are really nice and warm elderly! They gave me a lot of advice (like how to get a good husband, see what I mean by totally irrelevant to my project?). And they are very cute to offer me ang ku kueh when we actually buy those for them. Hehehes. :D

Thanks the elderly for cooperating with us and providing so much insights (it is not easy to be interviewed for 40 minutes omg). Thanks to the center for offering help to us. Greatly appreciated. And thanks Dewei for taking the initiative to help contact them. Hehehes. (:

(Salad, the sauce is really good!)

(Humongous portion of meatball baked rice)

Headed to Saizeriya Italian Restaurant for lunch with Dewei and Heidi @ City Square Mall. And wah, the food is cheap and good. Hahahahas, okay my baked rice is soso only, but Heidi said her spaghetti was mad good. There's a salad, my main course and free flow of drinks (including soft drinks and coffee) for $7.90 only, and the restaurant don't charge GST and Service Charge. Woohoo?! :D

Thursday. Friday.

I stayed at home to study because I am a good girl. Hahahahas. Why do I have 5 midterms while my friends only have 3 ._.

Saturday.

Went for my usual music lessons. Study. Watch television. Youtube. Ouch why my life like that no life one. Hahahahas!

Sunday.

Time well spent with the family! I went for my dental appointment but my dentist was late for an hour (again?!). Walao, super waste my time. It was not the first time, it was the fourth time it happened?! Talk about efficiency. Tsk.

Then headed to Jurong Point foodcourt for my usual Thai food. But apparently they changed the cook, and the food became unpalatable?! Walao, where's my cheap and good Thai food!? Arghs. Went home lugging bags after bags of NTUC goods. #happygirl96 because more food. :DD

My recess week is meaningful enough I guess. T.T Even though it sounded abit no life, but what to do? Life of an undergraduate. How I wish recess week was longer x.x


There comes a time when you have
to choose between turning the page
and closing the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment