[ nos-tal-gia ]

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Soft and dangerous.

It was the birthday week for my two lovely besties, Amanda and Vivian! Hahahahas, everyone please wish them happy birthday. They are really dear to me.  

(Ripped from freshwallpapers.net)

When the sister finished her O's and she is happily enjoying herself, while I'm just stuck at home mugging... Okay maybe not. I think I kind of forgot how studying feels like. Geeez, get a grip yanqi. T.T

Reported to school yesterday for my first paper and it was a dreadful experience. I stared at the questions over and over again, but I didn't have any idea how to begin. I swear the marks allocation is quite screwed LOL.

Vivian and Sabrina and me had quite different answers so, the only thing that I can do now is pray. T.T Complained to my professor that the bonus question she gave was lousy to which she claimed was a lovely surprise. I should have known better. Okay, I admit I really lost to her. T.T

(Indonesian grill)

Weekly affair to NTU for lunch since two months ago, because it is cheaper than outside #cheapos Yes, typical Singaporeans. But the standard of the food is really up there! I think much better than NUS oops.

(Dumplings) 

Tried different snack as well. We usually order xiaolongbaos or red bean pancakes, but this time round we ordered dumplings and it was very yummy too! P.S. Their mala pot is cheaper than NUS' T.T Sighs.

(Red Wine)

Ahma's advanced birthday celebration this week and I swear it was a very grand event T.T The restaurant we went to was Asia Grand, which was located at the building of my previous office. LOL, I was so excited that I snapped a photo and sent it to my ex colleague hehes :D Fond memories of the place.

We had cold crabs (which is freaking delicious and so fuss-free because the meat is so easily 'detachable'). We also ate shark's fins soup, shellfish on bamboo, two fresh fish, a plate of vegetables, Peiking duck rolls and noodles fried with the remaining duck. Not to forget the longevity buns which tasted extremely delicious and lastly, an enormous serving of fruits comprising papaya, guava, dragon fruits and watermelon. Three bottles of red wine as well.

Didn't take pictures because I thought it was embarrassing with the relatives around. What a pity. x.x

It was really nice but the bill came up to #$&_-@()=+':%/. Heartpain. Was against the idea of splurging on birthdays, but then again, being one of the youngest in the family means you have no say in decision making. T.T

Went for a flu vaccination yesterday as well, but immediately caught a flu today. Geeez, is it must ask for a refund?! LOL. I guess I only have myself to blame because I stayed up very late yesterday night (till 3am wth) to complete some transcription work.

When the whole world thinks you are very free when in reality, you are tied down with many commitments T.T


If someone is cruel to you
because of your soft disposition
and generosity,
respond to their poison with
equal parts sweet honey,
equal parts dangerous ferocity.

No comments:

Post a Comment