[ nos-tal-gia ]

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

Chinese New Year
初二

Drumrolls please. Hahahas, I'm so excited about this! LOL, having a small extended family means you finished all the house visitings on the first day of new year, so we were racking our brains on where to go for the second day.

And viola, Istana! :D

It was my second time there. My first time was when I was still a small kid and I absolutely have no recollection of it. Oops.

(Vast green)

(which makes it ideal for a jumpshot)

It was very crowded really! We queued for approximately 1.5h before we were allowed in. And there were also security checks which resembles the airport's security measures. Speaking of this, how come there were no security checks when I visited the official residence of the Cambodian king during my trip last year? LOL.

(Trying to take a nice solo picture but it was impossible with the crowds)

NUS Utown's green field is nothing compared to this. Hahaha! Then we continued to walk (the place is huge seriously)... 

(There were performances but I see no shit because I am short)

As we were strolling everywhere, suddenly we see mad crowds chasing after a 'car'. And so, being typical Singaporeans, you run as well. LOL!

(Guess who we saw!)

President Tony Tan with his wife. Ahhhh! My mother was still nagging throughout the entire day because I woke up late, and reached Istana only around 3pm plus (which means long queues and lesser time to explore). But hey, even President wakes up late? Hahahaha, if we had gone there earlier, we might not have seen Mr President.

(And in case you don't understand the situation)

I risked my life trying to snap good shots of Mr President. LOL, seriously. I think I can forget about exploring the career option of being a reporter, because apparently one criteria that you should possess is being big-sized so you can block off everyone and get good shots yourself T.T They pushed, they shouted, they stepped on your shoes and it was so painful, and even stood up on the chairs.

(Some school band performing)

Life was better when Mr President was seated listening to this school band playing some new year songs. Omg so cute lehs the kids! Their instruments even bigger than them. Ahhh, I missed performing and being on stage T.T

(财神爷)

After Mr President left, we came across 财神爷. Because we thought he looked very sad and lonely, so we decided to take pictures with him. HAHAHA. And also, I hope that since I touched the giantic gold, may my family and I be blessed with fortune. I need money to go travelling LOL!

(Dinner at Nandos)

Went Plaza Sing for dinner, and was feeling a little sad because Kopitiam was closed. T.T We conveniently forgot that there were other food shops in the basement, so we just settled for Nandos, which is so expensive x.x

(To celebrate the year of the Rooster)

(Mango lime flavoured)

Okay, at least they came up with a new flavour since the last time I patronized the restaurant. But still, it is so not worth it.


You know when the sun forgets to shine,
I'll be there to hold you through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment