[ nos-tal-gia ]

Friday, February 17, 2017

I grow up with the smell of the lake and the feeling of the woods.

Chinese New Year
初三

(Crowded)

Yes, so we decided to visit the Zoo and the River Safari on the third day of New Year because it has been quite some years since we visited the zoo. LOL, and not to our surprise, the zoo was filled with kids running around T.T

(Competition)

Before we headed right in, we chanced upon this competition board. We are supposed to take pictures of that two birds (Year of the Rooster), show the staff the pictures, and we would walk away with some attractive prizes. Apparently, I joined the competition and the prizes not very attractive ah LOL. It was some lanyard. And the lady even gave me this activity book about some dinosaurs (to my horror, I flipped over and it wrote ages 7-10). I gave it as a gift to my tuition kiddo instead. Hahahaha! 

(Baboon with their red butt)

Isn't this the perfect shot? Hahahaha, they were facing me directly with their butt. LOL! But nah, I'm not interested in primates. Had a bad encounter with monkeys during my MacRitchie hike before T.T

(I saw a joey)

Okay insane. It was raining heavily, so all the kangaroos come hopping towards the shelter. And yesh! I managed to see this cute little thing! (:

(During an animal show)

(Look at that stunning peacock)

Animal shows that are not interesting at all. All they do it introduce the animals and there are no animal tricks. Is it the animals all old already and they cannot be trained?

(Thick-skinned creatures)

Okay so I spot elephants. Not very fascinated by them but some day I hope that I can ride one. LOL.

(My Little Pony)

When I was young, why didn't my parents allow me to ride a pony?? Omg, regrets. Now they pose age restrictions.

(Looks a little like Trump?)

(Fruit bats)

(Bird)

(Lee Kwang Soo)

Apparently the giraffes are not gigantic enough because my sister actually came and ask me where are they when she is facing the enclosure directly. Are the giraffes too small or are they too good at camouflage? The giraffe is not visually salient here.

(Zebras)

Reminds me of the time when I wore a striped romper out to meet Vivian and she kept calling me a zebra the entire night T.T

(They are actually quite huge in size)

(They scream: "I'm so sick of life!)

(Woo white tiger)

(This weird-looking boar)

This concluded our trip to the zoo. They have a dinosaur exhibition ongoing as well, but the queue was too long and we still have River Safari to go to, so we gave it a miss! (But sounds interesting horhs? LOL).

(Look at those teeth on this 'piranha')

(I have no idea what these manatees are doing, it just looks wrong)

(My favourite pandas)

Hahahas, pandas always remind me of a certain someone from the past. We were so young that time, LOL. We gave each other nicknames, which is panda and dolphin. Omg damn childish now that I think of it. But still, memories. 

(Red Panda)

They are so cute. That day Licheng sent a picture of red panda in the whatsapp group, and I melted omg. Look at these flurry bears!

(This has got to be the deal)

LOLOL, my greatest achievement in the entire trip. LOL, wtf. I cannot believe I managed to capture such a shot. Hahaha, it is the polar bear in case you are wondering. She is quite old already, so I think that it is my luck to see her 'walking around'. Yay!


Some day I'll wish upon a star and 
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me,
Where laughters falls like lemon drops,
Away above the the chimney tops.
That's where you'll find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment