[ nos-tal-gia ]

Sunday, April 2, 2017

The night hides the world, but reveals a universe.

(ilight)

It was the sister's birthday, so we decided to venture out to the iLight exhibition to take a break from school. Hehehes :D The scenery is really breathtaking, look at that helix bridge. *screams internally*

(Art Zoo)

Because I'm so noob with directions, we ended up at Art Zoo instead of the main highlights. Oops. LOL, Art Zoo is for kids. T.T I didn't get tickets because (1) don't see the point of jumping because I'm old and no longer have energy (2) it just rained... 

(Dayum, just look at the balloon)

It was so cute?! It was an octopus shaped balloon with led lights attached to the string. I bet that this balloon will be damn expensive, but nonetheless the queue for buying was snaking long. Hahaha, okay luh. Worth it because it is not everyday you get to see such balloons in Singapore. 

(In the dark)

Guess what? Unlucky yanqi is unlucky. Just minutes before we stepped foot into iLight, all the sculptures black out. LOL. Because it is Earth Hour guys! Such luck. It was lucky that we were at the Art Zoo area, so by the time we walked to the main parts, the lights came back on. 

(We lighted up the sculpture with our phone's torchlight)

Hahaha, when you are desperate, you use your own torchlight to light up the sculpture. What a pity. I saw this on my friends' Instagram and this was freaking pretty with the lights! x.x But since we were already here, I still want to take pictures. Even without the light. LOL!

(Look at that meat)

Expensive food was predicted, so we had dinner before we came. The food were like restaurant prices and I rather spend my money in restaurants because there's proper seats and aircons. 

(Gastrobeats)

A fun-fair which reminds me of Christmas Wonderland. There's like tons of carnival games to play and food to eat. And even shops that resemble pasar-malams but on a more atas level. LOL.

(Rides)

They have this interesting ride that I never knew it existed in Singapore. Hahahaha, I always saw it in Koren variety shows though. But nah, I didn't try it out because home girl here has severe motion sicknes and she ain't going to risk it.

(Bubbles)

(Maneuvering a robot?) 

(More lights)

This time the lights came back on because Earth Hour is over. Hehehe. (: It was still very crowded and my legs were super sore from all the walking. Is it #weak LOL

(Silent Disco)

This was an interesting concept! People wear headphones to dance, so it was kind of funny because audience (those people who are outside) are unable to hear any music but the people inside are dancing crazily. But if the point is to reduce noise pollution, it isn't working that well because those people were singing/screaming the songs out loud.

(It seems like some hero has landed in Singapore)

Or maybe I just think too much. Hahahaha, been working on superhero for a campaign project that my brain is automatically wired to seeing/thinking of superheroes everywhere. #lifesucks

(This is so on-point)

So that concludes the end of iLight. It feels so great to just take a breather from school and chill. And I won't be feeling guilty about not spending time on school work in the name of my sister's birthday. LOL.

(Happy Birthday to my baby sister)

Earl grey mango mousse from Polar which just tasted amazing. I love it when they have exotic flavors like this and it tasted nice. Hahaha, to my sister, I'm sorry for not getting you your favourite cream cake but hahaha I'm not that apologetic because earl grey mango mousse is like all my favourites combined together ehs! #isitminebirthday LOL :D


Take a deep breath,
Until your heart numbs,
Until it hurts a little,
Until you feel like there's nothing left inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment