[ nos-tal-gia ]

Friday, May 19, 2017

Inhale the future, exhale the past.

End of Week 2 internship.

I did more things at work this week, even though my workload is still pretty much nonexistent hahaha T.T But I'm glad to be given opportunities to do 'field work' rather than just plain office work. It makes the boring office life a little more interesting, no? (: I hope next week would be even better, and I hope my boss will entrust me with more work. Hahahaha! Shit. Am I only intern in the world who hopes to be given more work HAHAHAHA My workaholic instincts are coming back.

But I did something mean at work today that I'm feeling guilty as hell now. Sighs. I need to control myself gosh. I'm sorry... 

Anyways, throw back to last week. After visiting my grandma at the hospital last week, I dropped by Square 2 for dinner with the family. Came across this lovely restaurant Chicken Hotpot.

(Pot of chicken shared among the three people)

I am very satisfied with the customer service. The aunties were all very friendly, always walking around to check on the fire and to top-up the soup without asking. Yay! (: I really value customer service!

I also dropped by the Caldecott Broadcasting Center the previous weekend. Mediacorp has recently moved to Mediapolis at One North area, so the authorities conducted a heritage trip at the old Mediacorp place at Caldecott. There's no admission fee for this.

(I was very surprised that the umbrella is actually functional, I thought it was merely a prop hahaha)

(Travelling back in time)

It was meant to be a heritage trip for people to reminisce about the past, but I guess I was from a different era (LOL) so I could not really relate much (i.e. I am not familiar with the shows they said were very popular in the past). Hmm... Nonetheless, I still enjoyed myself. Walking through the sets, enjoying performances put up by the stage actors and actresses.

(The guy is just so funny here)

(I don't know why, but this scene just seemed so ridiculous that it was hilarious)

(Hahaha, why they never wear their clothes properly)

(Great efforts in making the props)

(Police car LOL)

The area of the broadcast center was small, so I took approximately an hour to finish touring. But the show was worth 50 minutes, and it was really worth watching! (: The place also offered this 'music video making' session; basically there are staff shooting us while we film a short MV. The songs they used were popular drama OSTs such as the Aiyoyo 早安老师 song. Hahaha, it was quite an interesting experience! (:

Who says there's nothing much to do in Singapore. Sometimes you just have to go find activities to do. :D


I beg time to give me a window,
a silver of your smile,
a slice of your life.
But what can I do with
this love of mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment