[ nos-tal-gia ]

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Late night conversations.

Last week was super hectic, I swear. Did more field trips at work, and after work was just endless of meetups with friends. T.T I'm so drained. Signs of getting old, x.x Can I just nua at home...

1. Caught a movie with JJ

(Guardians of the Galaxy)

The movie was okay luh. The typical plot you get from all the other movies. There will be evil forces trying to destroy something, then a hero will interfere and after all the fights, the hero will win and save the everyone. Hahaha, cliche much.

I was just so tired that I slept during the first half of the movie. What a waste of money LOL. But at least I managed to wake up and catch the second half, which has all the exciting fighting and action scenes. But still, reached home late at night and immediately concussed out in bed. LOL.

2. Dinner with Hui Qi

Went to eat Mad for Garlic with Hui Qi because she got discount again. Hehehes! One of my favourite restaurant thus far. To be honest, I didn't know it was a Korean restaurant until I come across it on sethlui.com LOL jialat. Then went I scrutinised the menu, I realised there's actually Korean translation at the side. Oops!

(Gorgonzola Cheese Pizza)

The waiter kept warning us that this cheese is very stinky and not everyone will like it; it is similar to blue cheese (or is it a type of blue cheese? LOL, I have no idea). But we don't care, just whack and order and pray that this better be some good stuff.

But hehes, it was a hit! We really love it so much, (: It comes with a honey dipping sauce, but I prefer eating the pizza without the sauce.

(Crab and lobster pasta)

Plate of goodness with crab and lobster meat, cooked in garlic cream sauce. Damn delicious, this is our must-get dish whenever we head to the restaurant.

(O'ma spoon)

What's new. O'ma spoon again, this time green tea bingsu. I love the branch at Marina Square, because it was located in such a ulu area that it was always empty everytime I patronise the dessert shop. But yeahs, we have to walk damn far to get there T.T

3. Dinner with Jiaying

She waited for me for damn long because I was caught up with things. I'm so sorry! We patronized the Kanshoku Ramen Bar at the Somerset branch. It was not bad, but expensive LOL. But then, it is Town, so hahaha!

(Signature Kanshoku Ramen)

Added the ramen egg because it is the most fantastic thing on Earth. I finished the bowl empty, I think the broth is damn nice.

(Truffle Edamame)

This was so epic. We didn't know what was edamame so we asked the waiter. We should have googled omg. He said it was "bean pot" then we were like okay... But you cannot go wrong with truffle rights! So we just ordered and got a shock of our lives.

I think the waiter meant "bean pods", is just that we have listening problems / he has pronunciation problems. But I was thinking about a pot of beans. LOLOL. But yeahs, I don't like to eat beans, and neither do Jiaying. However, to our surprise, the dish was actually nice after we tried it. Thankfully, if not it would be another $5.90 wasted. Hahahaha!

Strolled around Orchard after that and we just kept getting lost. LOL, no sense of direction. How to survive in Korea like that?!


Have you ever noticed how
streetlights turn on too early?
They remind me of our soft
hearts and how, in spite of
the coming night, they glimmer
and let whoever is out there
that we are still breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment