[ nos-tal-gia ]

Monday, June 19, 2017

I'm at a place in my life where peace is priority and negativity cannot exist.

Lack of updates because I'm busy preparing for everything sighs. I am done with both my internship reports and have submitted them. Yay! I can finally breathe! :D 

Previous week's happenings.

1. Intern lunch @ Standing Sushi Bar

Guess who's feeling rich that day that we all decided to Grab all the way to Bras Basah for our sashimi fix? No wonder my monthly expenses were doubled that of Amanda's. With that said, I haven't gotten my pay yet LOL. T.T

(Plate of salmon sashimi)

It is quite a good deal actually! They have a promotion on Mondays, and so it only cost $3 for 5 sashimi slices! I paid $7 for mine, including service charge and GST. It is cheap and good, yumz! :D

P.S. The restaurant must be so happy to serve us. We only ordered salmon sashimi and we only stayed there for 30 minutes or so. But they earned ~$75 from us. LOLOL.

2. Mother's Day celebration

Belated celebration because we refused to squeeze with the crowds on the actual day itself. Blame it on me because I forgot to reserve any restaurants. Oops. But ohwell, in my defense, I managed to get a great deal! :D

(Big platter)

(The legendary pot)

(Cheese sauce)

So I booked The Flame Cafe using the Eatigo application and I received a $5 Capita mall voucher. Say whut?! I am a happy kid. LOLOL. (:

With that said, I didn't actually like the restaurant. The waiter tried to 'con' us into getting some expensive set ($38 per pax), but lucky the sharp-eyed me found a $20 set. The two sets were similar, just that the more expensive option includes expensive seafood such as Tiger Prawns. But the cheaper option serves prawns as well, so I don't see the reason why I should pay more...?

Shortly after we were served our food, the soup started spilling out. I guess they didn't tighten properly or the pot might be cracked, I don't know. We had to request for a change. T.T

There was a wide variety of food available, and the best part? It is free flow! From vegetables to the different types of mushrooms, different types of meat to different types of seafood. They do serve drinks such as Thai milk tea and fruit punch, and ice cream which is damn nice.

But wait, I haven't gotten to the problem yet. So despite the wide array of food available, the waiters forever cannot get my order rights. One moment they served me the wrong food. The next moment they missed out some food from my order list, and it still didn't arrive even after I submitted my order list twice. There was also once when they lost my entire order form. I have waited for so long for my food to arrive and now they were telling me that the order list was gone?!

This restaurant is featured on a lot of platforms, and is endorsed by many bloggers. However, customer service really means a lot to me. So my verdict for The Flame Cafe: not worth the hype.

3. Dinner @ Griddy's with Amanda

Finally met this girl after what seems like eternity. Hahahaha! She's always too busy to make time for me tsktsk. Popped in to Griddy and gosh, the both of us started coughing non-stop. The smoke from all the cooking is really $('&) :&=% terrible. T.T

(Soup in a cup)

I like this idea of serving soup in a cup. And their cups are so minimalistic, very aesthetically pleasing. Thumbs up! :D

(Sides)

The set meal comes with a side as well. It was quite worth it - $10 for the three-course meal. I approve :D

(Chicken steak with Aglio Olio)

It is not spicy, thankfully. But I didn't really like their main course. It is lacking somehow. Hmm... And dry I would say. Ohwell, wouldn't come back again unless I'm feeling broke yet still craving for atas food. Hehehes :D

(Mango Shaved Ice)

After the recent Bingsu craze that took over Singaporeans, I'm sure many of us would have forgotten the taste of one of our all-time favourite Taiwanese dessert - mango shaved ice! :D Glad to find this shop selling mango shaved ice in Westgate, Jurong East. I forgot the shop name. LOL.

(Teriyaki Squid)

My favourite food ever. Hahahas, super stroked to chance upon the Japan festival (?) after dessert and they have a discount for this because late at night already LOL. We got this box at $5, and it is really a huge portion! :D Yessss!


This was never meant to work.
I was holding on to nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment