[ nos-tal-gia ]

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

You're a beautiful kind of madness, a misunderstood truth.

Happiness.

Happiness is being able to see familiar faces in an unfamiliar environment.

Today, I saw Olivia walking out of my PL3233 lecture. Even though we are not close, at least I know there is someone whom I know is taking the same module as me! We waved hi, and yay, my heart is happy.

I went to the CNM office afterwards to settle some administrative stuff, and when I reached the office, someone called out to me. To my pleasant surprise, it was Vivian Phang. Whoa, I thought our friendship was gone because we didn't keep in contact during the entire summer break. Hahaha! And yay, I am meeting her for lunch next week. No more eating waffles alone :D

Just a background information, I am some dependent soul who doesn't like to be seen eating my meals alone. So I usually just grab waffles and eat on the go if I'm alone. #sadlife Unhealthy lifestyle, I know. But at least I have more time to myself - do work. LOL.

After which, I headed to the Dean's Office and to my bigger surprise, I met Chinlee and her friend. LOL, she's my first OG friend I made but also someone whom I didn't continue keeping contact with. Oops I'm guilty. I learnt that she's going SEP too, and really at that moment, I felt a tinge of jealousy. But ohwell, yanqi get over it.

Yup, fighting alone and trying to survive in NUS. I'm still learning to adapt and cope with being alone. Good progress along the way, but not quite there yet. Independence 101 :(

Throwback to the carefree days.

(One Michelin)

JJ suggested dining at this cheapest One-Michelin eatery, and I readily agree! This place is called Liao Fan Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice and Noodle, and it is quite cheap considering it has michelin stars. Hahahaha! One plate of chicken rice only costs $3.80. Actually I would consider it to be slightly above average chicken rice price though.

I think I can find cheaper chicken rice priced around $2.50 at hawker centers. And I personally prefer those because of the rice. The michelin eatery's rice is the normal white rice. LOL, disappointed. x.x

(Woodlands Waterfront)

JJ: The skies are damn dark.
Me: I will edit it!

But being the lazy me, the editing didn't come about. Hahaha, no filter guys. The scenery still looks breathtaking rights! 

(Another view)

Sorry if I sounded stupid, but is it Malaysia on the other side? Or is it still Singapore? Hahaha, y'know you are at Woodlands after all... 

(I love the colors)

Recently I'm playing with the thought of getting a camera. I'm still looking around, but investment costs high ehs. I'm afraid that this new toy will only last me for a short while, and I will get sick and tired of it soon. Zzz.

(Achievement)

This picture was taken after I conquered this entire obstacle. LOL, it was so horrible because I was absolutely in the wrong foot wear. LOL, I went with a sandals that have kitten heels so my heels kept getting stuck in the ropes zzzz.

(Souvenirs from the West)

More souvenirs from the Western countries! (: Hahaha, the bag is in a pretty shade of pink, I like it! There's caramel cookies, bookmark and keychain as well. I'm blessed. (:

Thanks for driving me around (: I think I pretty much enjoyed the feeling of being chauffered, but nahs, once one experienced too much of such privilege, I will become pampered.


Nothing gives away more meaning
Than to act
Act towards and say yes
To becoming you

No comments:

Post a Comment