[ nos-tal-gia ]

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Basic space, open air. Don't look away when there's nothing there.

It was a disastrous week because last minute I was informed to drop a particular module as I was unable to secure a tutorial slot. I thought that it was freaking bullshit because I managed to get the module (even before bidding; at the MPE stage). But now they are telling me there's insufficient slots?!?

I relented and replaced it with another module in the end. It's not something that I would like, but I guess when life gives you lemons, you just have to make lemonades and get on with life. But geeez, I was having so much trouble getting a tutorial slot.

When I was finally allocated one, they didn't gave me my first choice but instead gave me this particular slot that would put me through 9h of lessons with only an hour break in between. Seriously???

I had emailed. Called. Went down to the office personally. Nothing works until I emailed my professor and tutor for help. Gosh, I swear the office need to go reflect. Seriously why do they have to make life so difficult??

Already a Year 3 student, but still have to settle such issues like a Year 1 Zzz.

~

(Papparich Horfun)

(Papparich Bread)

Throwback to the day whereby Hsienhean brought me to Papparich for dinner and a KTV session after. I really love the Horfun because it has the wokhei, but expensive uh. I think I prefer the Yakun/ToastBox's kaya bread to this steamed ones at Papparich though! X.X

(Fireworks)

We managed to join the crowd for a countdown to National Day! Didn't get a great view because my view was being blocked by a bridge. But nonetheless, the fireworks were magnificent!

I enjoyed myself at the KTV also because it was the first time I sang for 3h without breaking voice. And I think I outdone myself by being able to reach the high notes for 煎熬! Achievement unlocked! :D

(Real fireworks on the actual day)

It has been a long time since I went out on National Day to catch the fireworks! But I'm glad that I did because the view was breathtaking! Went Old Airport Road for dinner (finally satisfied my cravings for carrot cake) before walking down to Kallang Wave to see these beautiful fireworks! Thanks Junhao for the jio! 

(Photo was taken after all the crowds had dispersed)

I was amazed to see people having picnics at the area. It was quite a good choice uh, because they can enjoy the view by the sea. I would say that Singapore's night lights were one of the best I have ever seen. (:

I saw a guy playing his guitar, serenading his girlfriend, and unconsciously, I was just sitting around and listening to him as well. His voice was so soothing. It was a romantic image. Ahh... 

(Starbucks addict)

I admit I am a Starbucks addict. Queued for 30 minutes for these babies because Starbucks were being generous again with their 1-for-1 offer! Mocha coffee pudding and matcha earl grey jelly, two of my favourite flavors!


With vision, stardust,
and heartstrings.
Bridge the gap
between dreams
and reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment