[ nos-tal-gia ]

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Despite it all, hold tight onto the heart and go.

Went cafe hopping with the mother and sister last week! (: Okay not really considered cafe hopping because we only patronized two eateries. LOLOL! Decided on Holland Village because there are some new restaurants that I want to try! Maybe they are not so new, but it has been ages since I last visited Holland Village luh. #mountaintortoise

Tai Cheong Bakery

There was a queue despite it being a weekday afternoon. But I only queued for approximately 15 minutes, so that's still acceptable. Singaporeans are best at queueing rights! LOL. They have seats for us while queueing, and they also served us cold water to drink in the sweltering hot weather. I rate their service 11/10 :D

(We ordered two yuenyang, aka mixed coffee/tea)

Super excited to come here because I was craving for some Hong Kong delicacies since my visit to Hong Kong last year! :D Brings back wonderful memories yeahs, because it was my first overseas trip with friends!

(Plate of glory)

I super love the scrambled eggs and the bolo bun! It was so worth it for $6.50. The eggs are so soft and milky, like the ones at the Australian Diary eatery back in Hong Kong! I remembered us being so hyped up about their scrambled eggs that we packet our breakfast from that place almost everyday. LOLOL. And the bolo bun is so nice and crispy as well!

(Three-egg macaroni soup in tomato base)

Three-egg basically means three sunny-side up. LOL, I thought it was something more special oops. But the strips of luncheon meat are really very crispy even though they were placed in the soup?! Impressed. (:

(Yong Tau Foo style?)

I forgot what my mother ordered, but it was something like yong tau foo kind. Hahaha, it comes with a plate of noodles. The dish may seem very mediocre, but it actually taste nice. Hahaha, especially the fishballs,  and I love the cuttlefish (: Not at all spicy!

(Beef brisket curry rice)

This is the best dish! The beef chunks are so tender, and the curry is not very spicy which is suitable for kids (and me). LOL! They have generous servings of potatoes as well (but I hate potatoes okay can, I passed them all to my sister who really enjoyed it).

We came in with an empty stomach but left the restaurant with a satisfied tummy. (: I read reviews before heading down and I realized that they only serve mains from 11am to 2.30pm. Take note of the time, it's better to come down early to queue because there's limited seats. By the way, the mains are mostly priced below $10, so it's really quite affordable compared to the rest of the cafes in Holland Village. And oh, remember to grab their famous egg tarts as well!

Haakon

(Acai)

Finally tried my first bowl of Acai. Hahaha! I have always wanted to try it given the hype, it's just that it's quite pricey so hmm... Anyways, I was contemplating between Project Acai and Haakon, both of which are located in Holland Village, but in the end I decided on this because the bowl seems bigger (?) LOL!! 

For all the health junkies out there, Haakon sells Acai bowls, fresh pressed juices, salads and poke bowls as well. The prices are steep, but I guess it's because they are healthy food, so once in a while it's good to indulge. (: But okay, it really is expensive. This bowl costs $12.90. T.T

We ordered pink pitaya and chia bowl, which is pitaya blended with chia seed, topped with passion fruit and granola which gives that extra crunch to the taste. The description reads that this bowl is especially good for immunity boosting, and digestive aid, as well as double up as a beauty food.

Maybe during the holidays I can go experiment and try to make my own Acai bowl LOL. To be honest, I didn't know pitaya was dragonfruit until I went to google. #ignorant Doesn't the name sound like a type of nut?!!


I can't wait until I am financially
and mentally stable; and
thriving in happiness and growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment