[ nos-tal-gia ]

Friday, December 22, 2017

Happy people focus on what they have. Unhappy people focus on what's missing.

"When one door closes, another opens"

I would want to believe in this. No, I should believe this.

I wouldn't say this was a pleasant experience, but I feel that nonetheless it was a good learning point for me. I think I have grown much from this incident. I learnt to be more independent, but most importantly, I start to understand myself better. At least, I have a better idea of what I want to do in the future (and what I don't want to do).

The root of the problem boils down to miscommunication and lack of rapport. It takes two hands to clap, so I admit that I did not play my part well also. Being a communications student, I say this is a good learning point because it allowed me to experience firsthand the impacts of ineffective communication.

(My biggest takeaway, Natalie)

It was a bad incident that I will never ever want to experience again. But despite all the bad happenings, I am still grateful to all the nice people I met. Small little acts such as sharing food may be a small matter to someone else, but it matters a lot to me. It makes me feel appreciated, and that my efforts were being recognized. It makes my heart warm and fuzzy, and that's the reason why I joined them in the first place.

I'm thankful to all the friends that I've made during my short stint.

(Dearest Natalie, I saw the words "twelve cupcakes" on the packaging, but why I only receive two?! LOLOL!!)

To Natalie, Chongyi and Anis: Thanks for looking out for me and taking care of me. Even though we only see each other that few times in a week because of my part-time schedule, thanks for staying by and making me feel a sense of belonging. Thanks for standing on my side. Even though we are powerless, thanks for restoring my faith in humanity once again.


He found the wild
Trapped within my heart.
Instead of trying to tame it, 
He tore the cage apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment