[ nos-tal-gia ]

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

I know times may be hard for you right now. But just breathe. You can do this.

I'm so sorry if I disappeared for so long. Things have just gotten so hectic suddenly T.T

Backgrounder: I actually went for a 2 weeks trip to Taiwan recently. Come to think of it, I usually spend my Christmas and New Year Eve overseas because the plane tickets are cheaper somehow? Hahaha! Anyways, with this trip, I covered most of the places in Taiwan already. I just left a few more areas, like Kenting and Penghu, but I guess for those two places, it is better to head over during the summer instead!

(Throwback)

I was walking home with a Starbucks that day, and I thought that using the road as the backdrop is a nice idea. Hahaha, it was around 6pm and the sun was setting. The rays give the picture more depth yeahs! Nice.

Sorry, I digressed. So I was saying, my days suddenly became so much more hectic. Why? Because two days after I touched down in Singapore, I had to attend lessons in SMU. 

Anyways, I went to collect my SMU ID card on Monday and in the meantime, explore my new home for the next semester. PS. The ID card was vertical and I didn't quite like it. And I hate the fact that I have to tap in everytime I enter a building, ohgosh, damn inconvenient. Kenneth was telling me that the school is quite near Dhoby Ghaut, so I tried walking but omg where got near?!? Unless there is some shortcut that I didn't know of x.x

Tuesday was my official first day at school. I embarrassed myself because I walked into the wrong classroom and only realized it when the professor started lecturing. Wth I didn't realized there was Classroom 3.2 vs Seminar Room 3.2. I just walked into a room that stated 3.2 LOL. I'm an idiot. But thankfully, all their classrooms/seminar rooms are in the same building which makes it easier to find (unlike NUS, I think if I'm lost, that's it. I don't have to attend classes anymore because I probably need 1h to find my way).

I'm so not used to having 3h of lessons straight with only 10mins break in between. NUS's seminars only lasted 2h 35mins with a break in between somemore. Sighs, I feel like I cannot sit still and my brain was not working and I'm so exhausted.

So anyways, after the first lesson, I realized I had problems logging into the school portal. So my new friend, Fatiha, brought me to the IT Help Center. I'm so thankful to her for helping this clueless kiddo over here. And she also brought me to the SMU LAB, which is this cosy corner for people to have discussions and nap. Right, nap. They have beanbags for people to sleep. LOL. It was like #housegoals because everywhere was so bright and colorful! It brightens up my feelings straightaway.

Anyways, I had a 5h break in between because my first lesson ended earlier. I was so bored because I'm alone and I didn't want to waste money on public transport to go home first. So I found a table at a corner and started watching my variety shows. LOLOL. Goodness. I ended my lessons for the day at 10pm (I suddenly miss Aaron because he always let us go home 1h earlier) and only reached home at 11pm plus. T.T Sudden regrets for taking night classes. Zzz.

What an "eventful" first day of school. T.T

Throwback to the time I had Flaming Don with my mother. It was a Japanese restaurant located at Bugis+, and I would say the prices are a little steep. But it has a lot of good reviews, and I wanted to pamper myself for a bit hahaha! (:

(Hot green tea and miso soup)

(Teriyaki Chicken Don)

(Salmon Don)

Yes, the food is very nice. Worth trying it if you are in the vicinity!

Sorry for the long post, because I just wanted to document all the nitty gritty things during my SMU exchange. They will be memories that I will look back fondly in the future. :D


Maybe she'll call me one day
to tell me to stop writing about her,
and I will tell her that I will,
when she stops inspiring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment