[ nos-tal-gia ]

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

It was announced recently that Dayre would be closing down because the platform is no longer profitable. I felt sad even though I'm not a dayre user (but I have used it for a short while before migrating back to blogger). I enjoy reading dayre because there are more Dayre users (aka I can stalk them), but also it feels more personal. People write their thoughts and feelings in Dayre like a diary,  without the fear of getting judged. Whereas for other platforms such as Blogger and Wordpress, people tend to 'beautify' their lives which seems more fake? And also, it is used by many influencers as platforms to promote their endorse products. So yeahs x.x

I think I will cry myself to death if blogger suddenly announces the closing down of the platform. LOL, it has all my memories since 2007 lehs. 

(Tea Party)

Finally trying Tea Party (NUS branch) after it opened one semester ago. I love it! The food was reasonably priced at $5, and it comes with a drink! :D I ordered Prawn Agilo Olio, I think it taste fine. But I have friends telling me that their Carbonara should be banned from selling LOL!! 

(Gongcha in NUS)

I hate the machines omg. Gongcha implemented these machine ordering services, and it is annoying because it will get me a longer time to order my food. And also, they are going cashless. I have no idea why my ezlink card couldn't be detected, so it is stupid because I have to use my NETS to pay for something less than $5 T.T Furthermore, I'm not sure if I have higher expectations or did the quality of their drinks drop?? 

(Reunited with these gems from JC)

I have so many first times today! (: Hahaha, first time trying Tea Party, first time buying Gongcha ever since its comeback, and first time meeting Christel and Amanda ever since 2018 started! It was nice meeting up with them because the topics we discussed were always exotic (?) LOLOL!

(Two Men Bagel House)

On a side note, I met up with Vivian Phang for lunch at this nice cafe that she recommended! We ordered two different flavors to share (one salmon, one beef) and it was quite tasty! Personally, I prefer the beef more! The broke me couldn't afford going cafes often, but once in awhile it's nice to find a reason to pamper yourself.

Happy Valentine's Day!


Lessons from a tree:
Stand tall. Stand proud.
Go out on a limb, drinks lots of water.
Enjoy the view. Remember your roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment