[ nos-tal-gia ]

Friday, March 16, 2018

I hope you find someone who calms the storm within your soul.

(Don Don Donki Theme Song)

I dragged my family to the highly-raved Don Don Donki at Orchard Central the other day. The shop was playing their theme song, and I hate to admit but it was quite addictive. In no time, I found myself unconsciously singing along to it. Omg, please do not judge me T.T I found the theme song cover by Bryan/Serena/Kexin, you can go watch it if you haven't hear the song yet LOL. It is really strangely... addictive...

(Mochi-like thing)

Not sure what is this, but we got this from Don Don Donki and we love it a lot! I got my soba ingredients there as well, it was reasonably priced! Update: I tried cooking soba for lunch the other day, and I succeeded. It was quite tasty, and the best part? It only required little cooking. LOL, perfect for me yeahs! :D

Anyways, I wanted to document down some interesting moments that I had with my tutee because #memories. He is such a gem! I really, really love kids. To give a context, he is just a P4 kid. He always has new soft toys in his house, so every week during break, he will exhibit all his toys to show me. LOL, but gosh kids these days are so blissful?! They have all these interesting toys which I didn't even see before? Or is it I deprived of childhood?


#1 Formal Talk
There was this day which he decided to talk very formally with me LOL. This conversation happened after he came back from a toilet break.

Tutee: "Okay, let's go back to our discussion. What is the point you raised?"
Me: "Ah what?" (LOL, I was merely teaching him Maths problems but I went on to explain)
Tutee: "So you were saying... Okay, I have a better understanding of it now. Let's move on to the next problem sum, shall we?"
Me: (Continues teaching for awhile)
Tutee: "May I be excused? I need to settle some business in the kitchen first"
... He meant he wanted to grab some snacks from the kitchen first...


#2 Childish Talk
Then there were days when he was being super childish, but I had to play along with him so he will listen to me and do his work.

Me: "How do you do this question?"
Tutee: "Wait, a moment. I need to ask Dicey first" (Dicey is his Gudetama plushie)
Me: "Okay, so what did Dicey say?"
Tutee: "Dicey said he is feeling sleepy. So can I go to put him to sleep first?" (He ran to tuck his Gudetama in bed afterwards)

A few moments later....
Me: "So have you figured out this question?"
Tutee: "Nope, I need to call Dicey." (Then he actually fished out his handphone to pretend call omg)


He never fails to make me laugh. And I guess that's what make teaching enjoyable yeahs? ðŸ˜„


I am insecure, raw, imperfect
yet strong. I am all of these
things thanks to the things
that broke me and the things
that put me together.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAH

    "I need to call Dicey first" 😂 omg this is hilarious

    "May I be excused?" 😂 omg he v cute lehs!!!

    ReplyDelete