[ nos-tal-gia ]

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Heavy words are hard to take under pressure. Precious things can break.

Hell Week
So many things to do, so little time to do.

Two forum posts, two face-to-face group meetings, two interviews and two full-day roadshows due this week. Good bad things come in pair? There are also one individual assignment, one group report and presentation slides due, as well as an online group meeting. I even had to make a trip specially down to CNM office to pass the administrative staff the receipts to claim the costs for my campaign. T.T Such dog life.

I survived only on 2 hours of sleep on Friday, but the HPV campaign roadshow was wrapped up successfully. I will blog more about the roadshow in a separate post!

This week, I am thankful to Michael for accompanying me in school. He always get me damn triggered, but he is one of my key takeaway from my SMU exchange. :D This week, I am also quite angst because I wasn't added into some group chat for some informal class presentation. Nonetheless, I managed to chip in here and there during the presentation, so kudos to myself. Also this week, I feel a bit annoyed because I wasn't properly credited for my work and efforts. Ohwell, suck it up yanqi. This won't be life if things always go your way. 

(Iced green tea vs hot green tea)

Dined at Nadai Fujisoba Ni-Hachi with the family, and we traveled all the way to Tanjong Pagar's 100AM mall. The mother had serious cravings for soba, and just nice she saw great reviews about the restaurant after stalking Facebook with my account, so here we go! 

(Special truffles Dashi Maki Tamago with Club Japanese sauce)

Fluffy, truffle-infused tamago coated with the Japanese's dashi stock. This dish was to die-for. It is really damn delicious, just that it is a little salty. Priced at $15, it really is quite expensive to pay that amount for eggs. LOL. No regrets because it really is nice. It taste the nicest when eaten hot.

(Deep-fried Soba)

Highlight of the restaurant! Piping hot sauce with various seafood poured over the deep-fried soba noodles. There are prawns, squid and fish cake amongst others. There was a crunch in every bite, and it taste a bit like the tzechar's sang min. I thought the dish is quite original, and I exceptionally like its crispiness! Warning: it is a little spicy though.

(Hot Sukiyaki Soba)

(A better view)

I had always thought that there is only cold soba. Okay luh, maybe I noob and all. But this is the first time I come across hot soba, so of course must try it! The soup is warm and comforting, and thankfully it was not as salty as I thought it would be!

(Earl Grey Pudding)

The restaurant offers free earl grey pudding for customers who like/share/promote their Facebook page. So guess who did it LOL! Okay luh, to be fair I think the food is generally quite delicious and the service is 10/10. :D

I'm really looking forward to the weekends because I finally can take a small break after all the rubbish. Uhno, I actually still have a presentation to prepare for this coming Monday. Zzz. Dog life continues.


Fall for someone 
with an air of mystery
and wildness in their bones,
but with the kindest eyes
and a thousand beautiful stories
woven into their soul.

1 comment:

  1. running man latest episode they ate hot soba in japan!! i think hot soba is the #1 recommended dish in okinawa LOL 😂

    ReplyDelete