[ nos-tal-gia ]

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

I found a love for me. Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead.

Birthday Part I

A light and fluffy green tea cake with cherry-flavored cream in between. It was a very pretty cake, with dried rose petals sprinkled at the top. Starbucks, you have done it right. 

(Green Tea Blossom Cake)

As time goes by, I stopped looking forward to birthday celebrations. Perhaps it is a sign of aging, but birthdays seem quite meaningless already. LOL, but I guess it makes me more thankful to my loved ones for even bothering to remember this special day of mine.

(My pretty friends, Amanda and Christel)

As the saying goes "Make new friends, but don't forget the old. One is silver, the other is gold". I'm just so glad that I can still click well with my JC friend Christel despite us not meeting frequently. Then again, I don't meet Amanda often also HAHAHA. Thanks so much for surprising me with a cake. LOL, it was a simple occasion but yet I just feel so blessed to have y'all with me. P.S. It was a legit surprise because they surprised me way before my actual birthday. In fact, they celebrated weeks in advance. LOL?!

(Mala all day, everyday)

My favourite food all times. LOL, it was more exciting this time because there were three of us (instead of the usual two) and we can order more food!! Tried lotus with mala for the first time, and it tasted a little weird. I guess I am just going to stick with my usual mushroom and pork and sotong.

(Beautiful board by the artistically not-talented friends)

(Hey, there's even handwritten notes!)

Again, I am really super grateful to them. How long has it been since I last received handwritten notes? They are just so precious, and really they are full of memories. Friends, I am super grateful for y'all for remembering my birthday, and for celebrating it with me. I hope this friendship will continue on for a long, long time. 


Baby, I'm dancing in the dark
with you between my arms.
Barefoot on the grass,
listening to our favourite song.

1 comment:

  1. homg i actually love the lotus root with mala HAHAHAHAHAH. nowadays when i eat mala, i always order lotus roots one gosh LOL 😂

    ReplyDelete