[ nos-tal-gia ]

Friday, June 1, 2018

In some people's lives, you are a ray of sunshine.

Happy belated birthday to my grandfather!

(Mango mousse cake)

I really love this cake. Great that both my grandfather and I share the same taste - mango cake. This means that I can eat my favourite cake during his birthday LOL!

Organised a birthday dinner celebration for my grandfather at Lao Beijing @ Novena. Lao Beijing is a restaurant chain under the Tunglok Group. Recently, I'm on this Tunglok craze LOLOL. Freak, ever since I tried their food (read: Lokkee), I had that sudden realization that Ding Tai Fung and Paradise Dynasty are just mediocre. LOL.

(Soup)

(Pork)

(Vegetables)

(Prawns)

(Mango Jelly)

(Crispy Skin Roast Duck)

We have appetizers, main course and desserts. But the highlight of the meal is obviously the 北京烤鸭! It is a quintessential dish in a Chinese meal. The duck is so expensive but the meat taste quite damn tender and juicy. I usually don't eat skins, but the skin of the duck is so crispy that it goes 'kiak kiak kiak' whenever I took a mouthful of it. LOL! Damn flavorful! I really love it!

Tunglok, you have done this right. Eventually I went to sign up for their membership LOL.


Go to bed everynight with a thankyou
and let go of the day so you can
welcome tomorrow with open arms
and appreciation of what is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment