[ nos-tal-gia ]

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Look forward with hope, not backwards with regret.

Take 3, Fight HPV Campaign

Really so much love for these babes! :D We have come so far together, having plenty of sleepless nights working our ass off for this 'Take 3, Fight HPV' campaign. Everything wouldn't be so successful without these dear ladies! :D

A few months back, I am still contemplating between writing a thesis and executing a campaign. I decided to go ahead with the campaign despite the various objections. Is it worth it? I would answer yes without hesitation or regret. I really feel a sense of pride and satisfaction seeing our campaign takes flight, especially so when people around me, be it friends, acquaintances or even strangers, walking up to us and telling us that it was a job well done. They really like our collaterals and campaign, and it was their words that kept us going.

(The Three Musketeers)

We initially started out as a team of five, which comprises Evelyn, Belle, Bernice, Cassandra and myself. We planned for a campaign under the the supervision of Prof Aaron for a module. Last December, we made the decision to also execute the campaign. Sadly, Evelyn and Belle were unable to join us for they had graduated, so we continued the implementation as a trio.

After we settled most of the administrative procedures with the school, we approached our partner organisation again for a discussion. Much to our surprise, they decided not to fund us. It came as a shock because we already planned the campaign using the budget they provided us. T.T This meant that we had to rework the campaign, this time with zero funding.

It was awesome that we managed to find our external source of funding eventually. We had to make a pitch and convince the organisers that our campaign is very meaningful such that they will be willing to fund us. It was a period of mental hell as we were stressing over the money matters. Thankfully everything went well in the end.

(Open Mic Session whereby we had to make a pitch)

Due to limited funds, we tried our best to get sponsorships as well. I was the person-in-charge for sponsorships, and to be honest, I felt quite lost when I didn't get any response from any company after the first round of sending sponsorship requests. I thought that I was so useless that no company bother replying me. However, this experience trained me to be tougher and also creatively search for different ways of approaching them to interest the different companies into funding my campaign.

(Off to collecting our sponsored goods)

Also because of the lack of funds, we did not want to hire any trucks to collect our sponsored products. We eventually decided to grab, and thankfully the grab driver was quite understanding and he even helped us with the moving of the goods! I am touched by the society's kindness really. Now that I think back, it was quite hilarious because we were so noob that we wanted to transport the goods down seven storeys ourselves (when we can actually ask for help - they have this crane-looking machinery that can help to transport LOL). I bet the entire company was laughing at our stupidity. LOLOL. You can read more of our story here.

(Bubbletea collateral)

We also launched our bubbletea collaterals in the midst of the campaign. We partnered with NUS Gongcha, as well as the various drink stall vendors across the campus. It was my favourite out of all the collaterals from our campaign. Hehes! :D I'm glad that it really reached out to so many students! Check out the above collage that I made - many of our friends posted on Instastory/sent the photos to us telling us that 'hey this is quite cool!' I sincerely hope that the campaign really achieved its objectives of raising awareness of what HPV is. :D

(Campaign)

We also did roadshows in NUS Utown and at various faculties. It was tiring having to stand there, distribute coffee/tea and talk to people for ~9 hours straight, but yet again it was rewarding to see many people being interested in our cause. Does this mean that our campaign is damn successful?? :D I also want to once again thank Amanda and Christel especially for helping out, even though it does not benefit y'all. LOL. 谢谢你们够朋友! 

(Random Blends Exhibition)

As part of our assignment, we had an exhibition as well to further showcase our campaign efforts and reach out to even more people. To entice people to come to our exhibition space, we decided to distribute free coffee and tea as well.

(Bernice interacting with some NUS students)

It was quite exhausting yet rewarding because we managed to attract huge crowds. We gave the remaining beverages to the cleaning uncles and aunties, and they kept thanking us profusely. It really touched our hearts.

(Filling the coffee in a recyclable mug)

After the campaign, we managed to get some collaboration requests. Unfortunately, Bernice and Cassandra will be graduating soon, so we were unable to accede to some of the opportunities (I don't think I can handle it myself LOL). I am very sorry. However, I still want to give thanks to all of them because the recognition that they had given us showed that our campaign was really quite successful. It was really an achievement unlocked. I walked out of my comfort zone, and even tried my hands at being an event organiser. It felt rewarding.

I am grateful to be given such an opportunity, and would like to thank everyone for being a part of this - my family and friends, my supervisor and the school staff, the sponsorship companies and the participants. :D I want to especially thank my campaign team mates, Bernice and Cassandra, for travelling down this path with me. We took the road less traveled by (there were not many people who organized such big-scale campaigns in school), but that has made all the difference.


When your heart stays out all night
but rises early in the morning.
Laughing, crying and good stories to
tell about how love tastes at
different hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment