[ nos-tal-gia ]

Saturday, June 16, 2018

These streets, these lights make you feel a little more, miss a little more.

Week 7 Internship

The only thing that I was looking forward to this entire week is Hari Raya holiday HAHAHA. Sighs, I was super unmotivated to do work on Thursday, because the entire world was not around. T.T I actually have three other interns with me, but two of them went on a holiday and the other one decided to work from home. Sighs. I ended up having to lunch by myself, but it's okay because I got myself McGriddles and it made me happy. :D

(Ah Chew Desserts)

(Because Shaoyuan complained that my flatlay skills suck)

The good thing about working in Bugis area is that there are many food to eat - albeit expensive. LOL, I finally found a intern kaki who loves desserts as much as I do, so off we go to the instaworthy Ah Chew Desserts place after lunch. I was excited when I saw steamed milk in the menu (P.S. Hong Kong's Australian Dairy sells it. During our trip two years ago, Weina, Amanda and myself reported to the eatery almost everyday because it was just so good. LOL). No points for guessing who ordered what. Hehes!

Father's Day

It was also Father's Day this coming Sunday, but the dad wanted to celebrate in advance because he wanted to avoid the crowds. This meal was from last week - we went back to Chir Chir because we just cannot forgo the 50% discount deal. LOL, Bernice said she went back for both lunch and dinner. Who's worse?! Hahahas!

(Grapefruit Yogurt Smoothie)

Created a big wooha in the restaurant because I ordered an alcoholic drink but they served me non-alcoholic T.T And there's price dispute, because they were having promotions only for the booze geeez.... 

(Nest Snow)

Fried chicken tenders with cheese, cream sauce and mashed potato, topped with whipped cream, almonds and cranberries. It was absolutely suicidal as I was still nursing a sore throat LOL. 

(Honey Butter Chicken Tenders)

There is a familar taste to it. Hahaha, it really taste like the Korea's honey butter chips! It's quite lovely and I'm grateful that they serve chicken tenders instead because they are boneless yay! :D

Today I also have a very exciting news to share. I managed to get JJ Lin's concert tickets!! Woohoo omg! Amanda and I have been standing guard by the computer for the past few days but we didn't manage to get any tickets. Thankgawd a miracle happened and we managed to buy them on the last day! 😊

(24's my queue number, but Amanda got no. 2 instead! Yessss!)

But I have been spending way too much money these days. Arghs, the concert tickets, my travel plans and a little shopping. My bank account is still in a deficit despite me working for quite some time already. Zzz.


Hold fast to dreams,
for if dreams die,
life is a broken-winged bird
that cannot fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment