[ nos-tal-gia ]

Friday, September 28, 2018

All a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.

Christel's Birthday

(I love these people!)

It was Christel's birthday two weeks back, and we decided to meet up for dinner at the Japanese restaurant Watami, located at Woodlands Causeway Point! Obviously someone (me) didn't get the memo, because both of them showed up with the same pink color tops!

(Surprise success!)

Surprised her with a cake from Chateraise, and it was a success! Thankfully, the birthday girl was late because she came from school (and I was early for once)! While Amanda and I were busy setting up/preparing the cake in a hurry, we accidentally tore the box - in an ugly manner. Oops! The crepe cake was nice by the way~

(Beef Udon in Hotpot Set)

Christel's udon was served first, and it was funny because it took super long to cook the food. I tried the soup base, and it tasted delicious! Just that it really took suppeeerrrr long to cook it x.x I have little patience LOL!

(Wagyu Nikomi Rice)

(Close-up)

I thought my beef bowl was quite delicious also! 

(Pepper Beef Rice in Stone Pot Set)

Amanda ordered this stone pot dish that in my opinion, tasted like an atas Pepper Lunch, and it is way nicer (less salty) than Pepper Lunch! Overall, I think the prices at Watami is quite reasonable. Used to think that they are quite expensive, but not sure if there were promotions or what, but generally we paid around $10 each after all the taxes which is quite reasonable considering that it is a restaurant!

(We made a birthday board for Christel as a gift!)

Sincerity 10/10. Friendship 10/10. Accompany 10/10.

(Yole)

After which, we headed over to Yole for desserts! They had a promotion (not sure until when) whereby the medium cup costs only $5.30! I regretted buying an individual cup for myself, because I was way too stuffed. The three of us should have shared two cups or something LOL!

(I really love iPhone filters!)

Another year has passed and it is your birthday again. Special friends are a rare find, but I am glad that you are one of mine! Happy birthday Christel, a friend whom I will never forget!


I hope,
no matter what darkness you're dragged into,
you will never lose sight of your brilliance.
Because if you don't feel your heartbeat,
it's drumming in your chest.
Even if you don't think you can push through,
you can - one step, one breath at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment