[ nos-tal-gia ]

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Everything that shines shall always be gold.

Reality check: 9 more days! :D

Hahahas, so excited that I'm actually doing a countdown on my blog. LOLOL! :D I guess you guys know what's happening 9 days later! :P

(My pretty legs ft. my cute socks)

Hahahas, I was bored, so ... LOL! :D Don't judge me! Anyways, today I went to 'celebrate' 清明节, which is a Chinese festival for people to pay respects to their ancestors (not sure, I don't usually celebrate, this is my first time). So I went to 扫墓 (tomb-sweeping, literally).

Hmm, everything was an eye-opener for me, and I learnt the meaning of the words that are carved on the tombstones. Hmm, like they carved their sons' names, their place of origin etc etc. That's cool, and I noticed people putting stone on the tombstones (for I don't know the reason for it).

Then after the visit to the Buona Vista's cemetery to pay respects to my grandfather's parents and my grandfather's mother's mother (omg, so messy), we head towards 光明山 to visit my grandmother, which is freaking hot and crowded and packed and stuffy. Arghs, I can't B R E A T H E.

But nevermind, because after that, we went Nex's dingtaifung for lunch. Hahahahas! :D The sixteen of us, together with my 二姑姑 and her husband, whom I don't even see them at all even during Chinese New Year. LOL! :D Simply to say, I think it has been years since I last saw them. Hahahas, :D Nice lunch, but I believed my family behaved in a very rowdy manner. LOLOL!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Went Little India yesterday to help my little sister buy her Indian costume. Went the ever-famous shopping mall 'Mustafa', but apparently after walking around the whole freaking mall that was freaking big, the salesgirl told us that the mall only sells 'sarees', but we were looking for 'pavadi'. (I think that's the spelling, LOL!)

So we walked the "Great Wall of Little India" to hunt for this shop 'Haniffa' in search of my sister's Indian costume. :3 It took me around an hour plus walking time, and fortunately, the shop was closing in ten minutes. So we had to do speed buying (choosing and trying on of these ethnic costumes). Hahahas, another eye-opener for me for I have not been to Little India before. LOL! :D

That place was not as bad as what I thought initially. I was initially quite afraid, especially when my car drove past them and I got a super closed-up view of them. The people are actually friendly over there (reminds me of Prashanth). Hehes! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, back to studying. My whole weekend was burnt. From practicing music with my sister, attending Econs tuition with Vivian, going Little India, to paying repects to my ancestors. Arghs!! Mountains of homework piled on my desk again. && super annoying, my CCA increased practice to 10.5 hours a week (3.5hours per day, and I have three days). Zzz!!

Nuclear Physics 1 tutorial, Maths Binomial and Poisson Section B, Maths Normal Distribution Section A, Nuclear Physics 2, Nitrogen Compounds, Econs case studies. Arghs! Jiayous jiayous jiayous!


Here comes the rain again,
Falling from the stars.
Drenched in my pain again,
Becoming who we are.


No comments:

Post a Comment