[ nos-tal-gia ]

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Never let go, never lose heart. Someday, we'll have a beautiful story to tell.

15 June 2014
Father's Day

So to celebrate Father's Day,
we went Saveur for French Cuisine.
My virgin experience.

It is located at Far East Plaza.
Yeahs that place quite ulu. LOL! (:

The ambience in the restaurant is quite welcoming. A dimly-lit place which is perfect for a day out for couples. (: Hahahas, just that I'm out with family.
Check out the crystal lightings over here! Hahahas!

(Crystal Lightings)

So I am an impatient person, and I got a little irritated because the service was a little slow x.x Okayys, I'm actually quite hungry. :P I figured the waiting time was a little longer than usual because the chefs wanted to perfect the appearance of the dishes.

(From left to right: Apple Juice, Shirley Temple and Mango Juice)

Hahahas, wanted to ordered Shirley Temple initially, but my daddy beat me to it. Nevermind, shall let him because it is Daddy's Day. Hahahahas! (: The drinks are all syrup. LOL, okayys.

(Salmon Confit)

Then for appetisers, we had Salmon Confit. Yeahs, I love salmon. Hahahas, the size of this was roughly the size of two fingers put together. LOL! (: So it was a little small. Okayys, I mean very small. I finally realised the meaning of fine dining, where all the portions of your meals are small. Be it appetizers or mains :3 Well, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. (:

(Chicken Roulade)

I guess for mains, this is the cheapest at $9.90. Hahahas, my daddy ordered the cheapest dish when it is a day out to celebrate his day. LOL! (: So the top part was a roulade of chicken thigh stuffed with foie gras-infused chicken farce, and below it is creamy basmati rice with parmesan sauce. The rice is daebak! (: Awfully delicious, it is so much nicer than baked rice. :D Cheers! Although the meat was supposed to be the highlight, I felt that the rice was nicer. Oops, sorry. (: But the meat was not bad as well luh.

(Duck Confit)

Then my mummy ordered this Duck Confit. (: The duck was 'resting' on mashed potato, with a few slices of sauteed Shitake mushroom and orange (yes, the fruit) segments around it. The duck is a little dry, but it is quite meaty, LOL! (: Going for $12.90, I think this dish was worth the price. The Shitake mushrooms was great and I hope they add more of it on my plate. LOL! The mashed potato is homemade, and it is plain awesome. Unlike the KFC, Macs whatever restaurants out there which serves mashed potato, they are nothing compared to Saveur. The mashed potato, so fine I cannot.

(Seabass)

My babysister ordered a seabass. It was pan-seared, and the brown cubes thing that you see in the picture is saute potato, which are simply delicious! (: There is crabmeat, french beans and some weird vegetables that I have never seen before, which taste great all the same. There are no bones in the fish, and the texture of the fish is so damn good. I don't know how to describe, but for a person who don't really like fish like me, and yet still gives great compliments for this dish, shows how yummy this is. (Y) $14.90 for this.

(Poulet)

This is what I ordered, and I honestly am not sure what is inside. Hahahas! (: It is well-decorated with a seafood-themed (my own interpretation). Hahahas, the leaves and the other vegetables reminds me of coral reefs, and the chicken reminds me of rocks. Hahahas, and the mashed potato which is beneath everything, is somewhat like a seabed.

LOL, but the mains for this dish, is chicken. So I was quite surprised that they made it into a seafood theme? Or is it I am too imaginative? Hahahas! (: Anyways, this dish is the best among all (because it is what I ordered), joking! If I never remember wrongly, I think this is the most expensive, at $16.90 (among all the dishes that we ordered).

And despite how great the appearance is, I guess I better stick to the other mains. LOL! (: Because I felt that the food is not that great for this. LOL, there is like no specialty to it. Oops sorry, they placed this dish at the first page, like some specialty of the restaurants. LOL! (:

So yups, that summed up my day at this French restaurant. I was feeling a little sad because I didn't get to savour my desserts (but without the desserts, my total bill was already $87, and the portion very small so yeahs...) I will soon hunt down a cafe that sells my Creme Brulee and Panna Cotta at a cheap rate yet delicious. 

So I left house at around 10.45am on Monday (my parents took leave) and stayed in Orchard all the way till approximately 6pm. Hahahas! (: My legs are sore...

Anyways, because of the exercise that I did (walking non-stop), and I figured I would have burnt a lot of calories, so I treated myself to desserts. Hahahahas! (: Long time since I had hot desserts.

(My Almond Paste)

I understand that a lot of people do not like the taste of almond. But this sure is one of my favourites! (:

(Mango Snow Ice)

And my sister ordered a mango snow ice, hahahas. The ice was smooth, and the mangoes are sweet. Omo, truly scrumptious! (:

So this is how I spent Father's Day with my dearest family. Hahahas! (:

A great day with great company!


I'll be there when the world stops turning
I'll be there when the storm is through
In the end I wanna be standing
At the beginning with you

No comments:

Post a Comment