[ nos-tal-gia ]

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Words unspoken, a silent devotion.

(Ripped from Tumblr)

This week.
A pretty eventful week.
Brace yourself for a super long post which I already tried to summarise. :3

Monday, 2 March.
Met Manda for lunch over at Eighteen Chefs before heading to school for the release of the dreadful results. Then we headed over to Hong Kee Desserts (?) after getting back our results to straighten our thinking. :3

Tuesday, 3 March.
Was caught in the train fault at Clementi and I took 2 hours to reach home instead of the usual 40 minutes. Feeling so infuriated and annoyed that day because everyone was practically shouting at the top of their lungs and pushing their way through madly. Gosh, I'm not deaf please. -.- And gosh, I'm not very tall (:D), and it's frustrating trying to jump around to catch the glimpse of the bus number and to avoid smelling the disgusting sweaty armpits.

The train really need to maintain arhs. Train faults every other day have slowly become a commonplace these days, especially in the West, where I reside. T.T Gosh.

Wednesday, 4 March.
Joyful day as we celebrated Kaiyuan's birthday over at Everything with Fries @ Holland Village.

(Yes, smiling radiantly)

(Seah's Great Burger)

I ordered a Tandoori Chicken Burger and when it arrived, it totally looked unappetising. So here's a photo of Seah's. Hahahahas! (: On a side note, my burger really sucks. The chicken is quite hard for my braces. I swear my teeth is going to drop out as I sank them into the meat. Arghs.

On a side note, it had been an arduous task to make a lazy person do something. Sighpie. I was pretty much irritated by a certain someone these few days.

Thursday, 5 March.
Company buffet lunch @ Triple Three, Mandarin Orchard. I had a great time fulfilling my tummy's needs. (: International food that consists of seafood, Japanese food and Asian favourites, such as Penang laksa. In my opinion, the food weren't all that nice, just passable. I don't understand why my colleagues all say the food is finger-licking good. Is there something wrong with me? O.o

(My first round)

Hahahahas. I truly enjoyed their desserts though. They serve a wide range of variety, ranging from Vanilla Panna Cota, brownies to cakes! :D Yum yum in my tum tum! Hahahahas! Thanks AT for the free scrumptious feast. :D And thanks our CEO, Mr Low, for your angbaos!! #happykid96 I will work even harder from now on! (hopefully) :P

Anyways,  I finally got to meet up with my long-lost same-height Secondary friend Peggy after 3 years, together with Vian for dinner @ The Provision Shop, Outram Park.

(Eggs Atlantic)

To put it simply, it is a mouthwatering dish of Eggs Benedict with Salmon on a toast.

It tasted not bad, except that the toast is a little too hard for my liking. #firstworldproblemswithbraces I swear that wearing braces is such a chore. I like the sauce atop the salmon though. It just tasted fresh. Dessert is an absolute in most of my meals. :D We ordered a slice of Chocolate cake and Blueberry Lemon Tart each. The Chocolate cake tastes heavenly, smooth down your throat. Lovely.

Friday, 6 March.
Jianming's birthday. To my favourite childhood pal since year 2003, happy birthday! Thirteen years of friendship and still ongoing. Glad that this year you finally found a significant other to celebrate your birthday with you. Aahhh, I'm envious! :D

So Manda and I registered for this career talk 'AJ Transitions' beforehand to help us explore our career options, and we were supposed to attend it at the school that evening. However, after glancing through the schedule they sent via email, we decided to give it a miss. I was thinking it to be a lecture-style presentation, but never did it cross my mind that it'd become some small group discussions. Arghs, I hate this.

(Yours truly's)

(Seah's 虾)

Then we ate our dinner @ Hot Tomato (try their tasty tiger/garlic prawns) before wandering around aimlessly around Westgate. And bam, we were attracted to a gig by a couple. Well, to be truthful, they are pretty awesome. They harmonious voices are in-sync, and thus alluring us over and we ended up standing there close to an hour just to listen to them perform. Wow. I really love their voices. Do support them next time, they will be performing at Westgate every Friday evening (I forgot the time). Hahahahas!

Saturday, 7 March.
Hopped onto the MRT for NTU openhouse with Manda. Toured the entire campus, attended talks, stopping at every other booths, and saw many friends around. I'm surprised that my primary school friend still recognised me, because I thought I changed a lot. Hahahahas! :D The openhouse was pretty much dull. Although there were performances being put up, I just feel bored. x.x

Went to JEM after that and bought a couple quartz necklace with Manda. Our first friendship couple item, :D Hehes! I'm so excited. Headed home with heavy steps because the goodie bag is freaking heavy (with brochures, not goodies) and I'm super exhausted after a long day.

Sunday, 8 March.
This time round Manda and I headed to the SMU openhouse. Saw some friends around too, and I couldn't help but wonder. Are openhouses a good time to catch up with those long-lost friends? :3 They are becoming like some social networking events where you meet people and exchange contacts. LOL! Anyways, if I think that NTU was boring, SMU is much worst. Not other did they offer much fewer courses as compared to the other universities (I finished visiting their booths and firing questions at students/professors in less than, say 15 minutes?!), their goodie bags are total crap. Just a recycle bag to put that 2-3 brochures. Wow. I'm totally impressed. Played some game for charity and got myself a powerbank from a lucky draw, so all is not too bad I guess.

Then we did an impromptu visit to SUTD. I have always wonder how the campus will look like. (: I hold quite high expectations since it is a design university and all. I bet the campus will be beautiful with idyllic scenic views and buildings that look out-of-the-norm. True enough, the university is located on top of a little hill (somewhat a highland), which I guess it will be pretty tiring for anyone to walk up that slope just to head for school (talk about unique) T.T And I swear it must be super inaccessible because I did not spot any busstops or MRT stations nearby. Uh-no.

But there are two sides to a coin. The campus is great for instaworthy photos! I love SUTD because they have free food (hotdog bun, icecream and candy floss) *winks* And you have fresh air to breathe as opposed to the other universities because it is not crowded. Lmao!

(I love long staircases)

(Situated in the middle of a field)

Board the free shuttle bus back to Jurong East for our late lunch. Consecutive 3 days spent at Jurong with 5 days out of a week spent with Manda. I swear I don't want to see her anymore, for now. :P Hahahahahas!


The mysterious end of that season
Unknowingly, I started to think
if I really did love you.
Sometimes, when I look back to
those times that we were together,
I felt as if I could I touch it, 
 felt as it it was just yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment