[ nos-tal-gia ]

Saturday, April 11, 2015

And love is a word used too much and much too soon.

(Ripped from pinterest)

It has been a tiring week for me, having to spend approximately 12 hours everyday at the wake. Reaching home at 1am, 2am is not surprising anymore. Meal times have been super irregular, and I'm pretty sure I stuffed myself silly because there was nothing much to do except to eat and fold the paper thingy. The worst thing ever? I exceeded my 4g T.T So no internet, no Whatsapp throughout these few days.

But these are the only things that I can do for my 爷爷 now. No complains, no regrets.

I am fine now. Special thanks to my company for the condolence money, especially my direct superior Rachelle. :D Thanks for being understanding. && also to Seah and Vivian for their countless times of comforting. It is really heartwarming. I love you guys!

//

Anyways, I headed down to SMU for an interview for business management on yesterday. As I have asked for a reschedule, that slot that I went was actually meant for people who need to take a English test. So in the holding room there were only three of us (because the three of us ask for a reschedule). We mingled a little (really a little because I was late), and I realised the other two was from RJC. *intimidated* One of them had asked for a reschedule for 5 times, like whut?!

So we waited till the English test was over before heading to the common room to read an article and discuss with our groupmates. They gave us toilet breaks and all before reading the article. I talked to my table mate a little, and he turned out to be a nice person, very sociable as well. Then we were given around 20 minutes to read and discuss the article. Ohgeeez, I CANT OPEN MY MOUTH. I have no idea what to say. And everyone in the group is just buzzing around discussing the article, and I took notice that only me and this other guy who did not contribute at all. Not even a one-liner. Okay, I feel so bad :/ But I absolutely abhor awkward situations, especially with 8 strangers T.T

Then it was time to head into the interview room. My heart shuddered as the professor called my name and pointed me to my seat. It was like a debate style of sitting, 4 on the right side of the aisle, 5 on the left. Then when everyone was seated properly, the professor started with "Discuss. What are your views?" or something along that line. There were two professors by the way, and I recognised one of them. She's the professor for Quantitative Finance, me and Seah bombed her questions last time during the SMU talks in January. Hahahahas! (:

So back to topic. The moment the professor ended his question, a girl raised her hand and started rambling on. Then after she finished, another guy followed suit. It soon became a super competitive kind of thing, where people just jumped at every opportunity to speak whenever the previous speaker ended his/her speech. There was no pause at all. None! I was super intimidated I swear?! I was under such a huge pressure that it compelled me to start raising my hand to speak as well. T.T And believe me, their points were so well-elaborated that I felt very tiny, very insignificant in there. I figured that I have to speak up more to make the professors take notice of me, but my mind went into a blank state. Zzz. '心有余而力不足'.

After the entire interview, I headed to the restroom with a girl and started making small talks with her. To my surprise, she was also from AJC! Hahahas, I didn't see her before though. Oops. Anyways, as she was heading towards Clementi and I'm going home, we took the same train ride and started talking about everything under the sun. From the interview, to school, to work, to driving. Wah, the advantages of talking to a stranger. Hahahas! I'm glad that we can click so well although we just met. But of course, this friendship would not last. We didn't exchange contacts or anything. But it still feels great to be making friends. Hahahas, this shows that my interpersonal skills are not rusty yet :P

Anyways, I learnt from her that 2/3 of my groupmates are from poly, no wonder they speak so well with such confidence! I felt threatened omg. Thank gawd Mr Adrian Bell had trained us a little in presenting our work during GP lessons last year, if not I would have performed even more badly during the interview T.T (To be honest, I felt that the interview was way more relaxed than Mr Bell's lessons because the professors did not have a chance to question us back, or perhaps because my group didn't give them a chance to talk LOL; whilst Bell's favourite past time is to refute our points).

But okay great. I got an offer from SMU business management today, one day after my interview. Ohyeahs baby! :D Cheers! I'm grateful to my 爷爷, perhaps he was the one who blessed me. I rescheuled my interview because it clashed with the funeral procession, and I heard from Seah that the article for my initial scheduled day was on some business structure management don't know what. Sounds chim -.- My article is more on social issue, which is easier I guess. :P


We could all be blown to pieces,
because time is a ticking bomb.
We could all be dead tomorrow,
but our love will carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment