[ nos-tal-gia ]

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Memories are timeless treasures of the heart.

(Ripped from wallpaperswide.com)

People come, people go. That's part and parcel of life. We may cry and grieve over our loss, but that should be temporary. I'm sure that you will want us to continue leading our happy lives, rights?

I confessed that we have been very unfilial, visiting you only once a year during Chinese New Year. And you weren't even out in the living room half the time to spend time with us, as you get tired easily and want to get more rest in your bedroom.

I always thought that you will always be there for us. Death is not something that I will associate closely with, because when popo passed away I was only around 9 years old. I have no memories nor idea of what death actually meant until now.

And everything is so scary. Suddenly, you started burping non-stop. Then Daddy brought you to the hospital for a checkup. Then you were diagnosed with fourth stage cancer. Everything happened in a blink of an eye. And you know what's the scariest of all? Not feeling a tinge of pain at all even till fourth stage cancer. And there's no treatment available because it was too late.

Thud. The crashing of reality on us.

The doctor said that you could survive for another 3-6 months. But little did I know, you decided to bid your goodbyes to us after a mere 3 weeks. Why didn't you pull on a little longer? The pain and heartache that I went through were nothing compared to that of my Daddy's - to be not able to see his father for the last time. I hope my Daddy will pull off this ordeal.

I'm glad that you have left a significant impact in our lives, building up this family into a harmonious one. You have dedicate all your life to your family, ensuring that we 不愁吃,不愁穿, and you had worked hard all your life, it's time to take a break now. May popo and your souls to be reunited in that nice place called heaven.

Looking at the bright side of life, our families have once again reunited during these days. We have grown much much closer (and I even got to see my 'long-lost' cousins who don't join us for CNY gatherings). My another cousin even brought his girlf home for us to see. Are these your intentions? To ensure that our families stay knitted together?

Rest in peace, 爷爷. You'll be fondly remembered. I love you.


Holding onto baggage from the past
will leave no room for happiness in
the future. Maybe it's time to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment