[ nos-tal-gia ]

Monday, April 13, 2015

I'd take another chance. Take a fall, take a shot for you.

Living the life of a princess
(Part II)

(Day out with Christel)

Met this lady for dinner two weeks ago for a short catch-up session over Pepperlunch and Laoban. Hahahas, we have been wanting to go out on a Laoban date since day one of J2 but it never materialised until now lmao. It took us one year plus .____. Hahahas, but still special thanks to Christel, she's the very first to celebrate my birthday with me. LOLOL! Loveyou truckloads!

Anyways, this week should be full of meetups with my babes because starting from next week, I will have to work OTs. Sighpie. Like whut?! Life of an accountant is shit. T.T Speaking of work, these few days I witnessed an ugly side of a workplace. Remember how people always say colleagues will always be colleagues, they will never be your friends? I finally understood why now.

~~~

Person A: Eh Boss ask you to do this. Do it faster, Boss say she wants it immediately once she returns from overseas.

Person B: Huh? Why me?!

Person A: Boss ask me to tell you to do it lehs. Besides, you attended the training for it, so there's no other people that will be better than you to do this!

Person B: But this is not my job to begin with. I got other stuff to do also. Think I very free is it?! Last time who do one?

Person A: The secretary do one. But she quitted, so I helped to cover for awhile.

Person B: Then why not you do?

Person A: I got other jobs on hand also!

Person B: I also rights?!

-okay, fight-

~~~

Then their cliques joined in. So it sort of became a 3 vs 3 kind of fight over who should do the assignment. -.- I'm not in any position to say who's right, who's wrong. But then Person A is an accountant, Person B is an admin executive. So...

Lesson learnt: There are no friends in your workplace. There are only colleagues, and colleagues will only remain as colleagues. One moment they can be like best buddies, the next moment they can start to be very competitive and defensive and resort to doing things that only benefit themselves. That's the 'true spirit' of a workplace. Sighpie... That cold harsh reality.


You're picture perfect blue, sunbathing on the moon,
Stars shining as your bones illuminate.
First kiss is just like a drug under your influence.
You take me over, you're the magic in my veins.
This must be love.

No comments:

Post a Comment