[ nos-tal-gia ]

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Beauty attracts the eyes but personality captures the heart.

(NUS with babes)

A. NUS FASS Openhouse

Went for NUS FASS openhouse last Saturday with my girl. How many openhouses have we already went to? T.T We talked to many seniors around, from Global Studies to South Asian studies, and I feel that they are really nice people. Friendly and all.  On the contrary, I feel that the psychology majored seniors are kind of cold. They either ignore you directly / talk among themselves and ignore you. To be honest, I really do not like the environment there. T.T

We know that there will be a series of talks scheduled. So we went to ask this psychology senior the location of the talks, and she just stare at us blankly, like huh what talks. And instead of trying to help us ask around, she did absolutely nothing. Wow, claps. We finally found our way to the talks after wandering around for eons, only to realised that we only left 10mins to the end of the talks, so no point already.

Chaomin did manage to go for the talk, and I realised another idiot thing from NUS. There will be a bell-curve marking for psychology?! Like whut. I'm sure they have a lot of 'surprises' up there. Initially they only said that the only criteria to declare psychology as your major is getting a B- for BOTH modules. I kept asking if there are any quotas and they kept replying no. Seniors and professors alike, they all gave the same answers.

I don't believe them. How can they not have a quota T.T I may be dumb but not to the extent of gullible. And so Chaomin confirmed my suspicion. Yeahs, there's a bell-curve. Zzz, this route isn't going to be easy. T.T /cries/

At this point, I really learnt critical skills of questioning and suspecting and perhaps getting evidence to support your claim. Is the school training me to be a crime scene investigator? That moment when you question your suspects, and they all refuse to speak the truth. And you'll have to try out other means to get the truth out. T.T Oh wow.

But I accepted NUS offer. Sighpie. It all boils down to branding and reputation of the school. I hope I have no regrets. I have plenty of reasons to choose NTU and only that one reason to choose NUS T.T

NUS openhouse undoubtedly is boring, but the number of free goodies made up for it. I got passport cover, umbrella, sweets, cookies and many others. We finished walking the NUS openhouse in like only 1.5h (inclusive of the time we wandered all the way to the business school). And so we decided to travel all the way to SMU tea party (which is also held on the same day).

B. SMU Tea Reception

SMU openhouse is also boring, with a series of talks being held for an hour. Arghs. Rubbing my eyes consistently to avoid dozing off. But heh, there is a buffet as always. I have a great time eating. :D

C. NTU Tea Party

And I went for NTU tea party today with Manda. Met two girls on the way, who are under the Chinese Studies major, and I felt that they are very friendly creatures. :D We made small talks, and I realised they were actually older than us. Hmm, I feel like a 小妹妹 again. Hahahahas!

Yanlin and Manda's friend came to join us later for the talk in the auditorium. Then after the one hour talk, we were split up into our divisions for the buffet and another psychology-specified talk. The buffet is no doubt delicious - I think it is on par with SMU's. But I love the eclairs here hahahahas! :D

Headed for the psychology talk where they teach us about babies and their thinking, which is quite interesting. But I'm trying my best not to doze off because I guess it has been a long time since I attended lectures, and I do not have a pen and paper with me to keep me awake LOLOL! (: But wah, at least I learnt something useful during the NTU tea party. The other two universities did not touch on their curriculum at all, so it is a waste of time, except that I can enjoy goodies and free food. :3

Another reason as to why I prefer NTU.

But okay whatever. Since I accepted NUS, I will make do with it T.T


There's a firefly loose tonight,
Better catch it before it burns this place down.
And I lie, I don't feel so right,
but the world looks better through your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment