[ nos-tal-gia ]

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Love will guide you home and ignite your bones.

Dreamcatchers

 (Ripped from flickr)

Dreamcatchers are increasingly becoming more and more commonplace, as they are popularised by the Korean drama The Heirs. (At least in my opinion, this is the case). So what's a dreamcatcher? What use does it has?

Well, the intention of a dreamcatcher is to 'catch' all the sweet dreams and let them through, whilst blocking away all the nightmares. It was said that the positive dreams will slip through the hole of the center of the dreamcatcher, and glide down the feathers to the sleeping individual. On the contrary, the negative dreams will be caught up in the web (notice that the center of the dreamcatcher looks similar to a spiderweb) and get absorbed by the sunrays when morning hits. So it acts like a filter to protect a sleeping individual so he/she can have a good night rest. I thought this is interesting.

I do have one beside my bed (the cheapo kind luh). And glad to say, nightmares have not occurred for a long time. But neither do I experienced sweet dreams. LOL! It just shows that I am too tired that I'm sleeping too soundly. :P Studies have proven that if you are having dreams (be it happy or bad dreams), it means that you are not in a deep sleep. And that's bad because you ain't resting enough!

Hope everyone have a good night rest today. Goodnights! :D



I can taste the tension like a
cloud of smoke in the air.
Now I'm breathing like I'm running,
'cause you're taking me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment