[ nos-tal-gia ]

Monday, June 8, 2015

The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

Had an eventful Sunday last week. I went for a flu vaccination in the morning (oh boy, the queue at the clinic is !@#$/^&*), before heading for the Rugby SEA games @ CCK Stadium in the noon. (Rugby is not a sports that I have close contact with - I only played Rugby a few times during PE lessons and I didn't have really like it - but because I bought the tickets late and there weren't much choices, and also because it is at CCK stadium hahahas!) :/

It was raining heavily in the morning when the games started, and I was praying hard for the weather to turn better when the Singapore Rugby players battle on the field. The skies must have heard me, because the heavy pelting rain soon ceased to a drizzle and stopped. (: It was cooling.

I knew from the start that Rugby is a rough game. But I didn't know that it was this bad. -points to the picture below- 

(Ripped off from Redsports)

That was Singapore fighting against Thailand for Women's gold.

And this was not that bad. There were worse moments, with people being more violent and rough. At a point in time, during a game, there were 4 injuries, and the injured sports players were carried off from the field on a stretcher.

People flew everywhere (literally), and bodies were strewn around. Rugby is a rendition of the famous Singaporean 'taupok' game, where people pile themselves on each other to snatch/defend the rugby ball. :3 Ouch. That hurts.

But thankgawd, all ended well. (: Singapore's women team clinched the silver medal, whilst the men team attained the bronze.

(The award ceremony)

I was seated a tad too far away, so the people are like minute ants. But I can see the playing field clearly when they play luh.

(Ripped from Redsports)

Our guys' players are very buff hahahahas! And spot the middle guy who tied his hair. He looked like some cartoon character.

(The Singapore flag)

Support Singapore!


To be yourself in a world that is
constantly trying to make you
something else is the greatest
accomplishment in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment