[ nos-tal-gia ]

Monday, July 27, 2015

It's my broken heart in the making.

(Ripped from favim.com)

That sense of famarility. Walking the same route to work everyday without fail. I can remember all the small little details that I see every morning. The various types of floras, the exact places where fresh birdshits are bound to hit, the annoying cyclists speeding on the pavements that are meant to be only for pedestrian use, and the jovial smiles on the Lakeside residents' faces as they stroll with their pet dogs. I know all the last minute details, even their apparels, for I'll know whether it is a newly-bought piece or a worn-before one. Omg, I sounded like a professional stalker. LOLOL! :D

That sense of familiarity. Every morning immediately after I plopped myself on the office chair, 'Angie' will start to echo. That resonance still strike my head every now and then. I was so used to them calling my name that I will even hallucinate sometimes. Ohgosh, I guess I will miss this dearly.

That sense of familiarity. I'll often make my way from the front of the office (where my desk is located) to the back of the office (where my superiors/colleagues are situated) to ask them for new assignments. I'll trudge over with heavy steps because I don't feel like working but slacking the entire day. :/ My colleagues and superiors will too frequent my desk to assign me work (which I dreaded very much, but shh, don't tell them that). However, once in a few days, they will walk over to 'serve' me food instead. From pancakes to kueh lapis to currypuffs and my favourite Baker Talent bread, I get to stuff myself silly all the time. Everyone is just so friendly here! Sorry guys for not getting food for y'all (I did made cornflakes cups for them once though) because I'm just a lowly-paid temporary staff. (Still feeling exhilarated when Rachelle always introduce me as their intern to people from other places. I mean how cool omg. Accounting intern, although it is just a name LOLOL)

That sense of familiarity. My colleagues love to gossip at the back of the office, making my entire office seem like a fish market. In my earlier days, their gossiping sessions will indicate my break time (self-given, oops). Yet as months passed, I'll join their gossiping sessions too. Ohmy, how long has it been since I last gossip? I sure miss them. That thrill. :P Females being females.

That sense of familarity. My colleagues simply love to produce weird sounds with their throats (better way of putting it? :P). Hahahas! Whenever the CEO/CFO is/are not around, music will be blasted and sing-a-long sessions will be held, and I'm just down there waiting for the glass windows to crack. LOL! I will hum along to the tune too if I know the song (which is usually, woots!), and yay, it really helps in making office admin work less boring (and less sleepy) (Y)

It just feels so surreal that I'm going to be leaving this enjoyable workplace of mine in 3 days time after 8 months. No more food, no more free buffets, no more hitching of rides. I guess I'm going to miss this sense of familiarity as I head towards a new chapter of my life in an entirely new environment - university, specifically NUS FASS. I'm actually having mixed feelings about it. :/ On one hand, I'm actually quite excited to make new friends, and to start studying (because 8 months of no studying actually makes me miss it, weird huh). On the other hand, I don't want all this freedom to end. I love my chillax life now, where I can meet up with people and have fun at my own will. Ohgosh, that irony. :3


Pictures in my pocket
are faded from the washer.
I can barely just make out your face.
Food you saved for later
in my refrigerator,
It's been too long since later never came.

1 comment:

  1. How do you write such a long post?!?!?! hehehe you are very very good good good

    ReplyDelete