[ nos-tal-gia ]

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

If people were rain, I was the drizzle and she was the hurricane.

I finally recovered from the psychology camp. LOL! :D I was so tired that it took me 2 days before I had the mood to unpack my bags (imagine how much my clothes would had stunk lmao)! I wouldn't say that this camp is one of those awesome camps that I've been to, but overall it was not bad. I would say, it was a new experience (because we didn't really cheer much, and we actually have Heart To Heart Talk HTHT sessions!) Okay now, brace yourselves for a super long post. :3

So I paid $65 for the camp, exclusive of OG fund $10 (for supper, although I didn't really eat any). This was the first time in my memory that I actually had to pay for a camp, so err culture shock? Hahahas! :D Despite so, I am thankful that I actually came for this 4D3N camp.

I was worried initially because Manda and I were in different OG groups, and so I'll really have to face a totally new group of faces for 4D3N which is quite frightening? Hahahahas, although I had a senior in my group, but it is as good as having none, because she doesn't recognise me. Okay, actually she recognised my face but she forgot my name. Hahahahas, she was my OGL for an AJCO camp, so we are not that close. So okay, forgiven. :P

Day 1: Playing games around the school

(Waiting at busstop)

I was feeling annoyed initially because only my group (and another) had to meet at 8am when the others have the liberty to meet at 9am. Y'know how much an hour more of sleep is worth?! I was feeling so sleepy that day because I was busy packing the night before so I didn't had a good night rest. LOL!

And so, on the first day, I was on my way to the Kent Ridge bus-stop alone (because Manda doesn't want to wake up that early since her OG meeting at 9am - see what I mean?!). I met Chin Lee, my fellow OG mate from ACJC. We made small talks, and our OG actually thought that we knew each other beforehand. Hahahas! :D I'm friendly! :P

We were the last few to reach. Upon reaching, we were made to introduce ourselves. I was a little intimidated because out of 10 freshies, we have 3 from RJC, 2 from HCJC, 1 from VJC, 1 from ACJC, 1 from NYJC and I'm from AJC. Geez, why are all the smart people clustered in my group? Omg. But they are all nice people. (Y) Thankgawd.

So basically, the first day was pretty much chillax. We played games at various stations in the school compound. It was quite mild, except for the first game whereby we had to snatch paint bottles from other groups to complete the word 'PSYCHOLOGY'. That was dog tiring, because of the stupid scorching sun that was making me melt. :/

The first thing I noticed was the flight of stairs in NUS. The school should be short for National University of Stairs instead omg. No wonder most NUS graduates are skinny. They have plenty of exercise everyday. Lmao!

(Night walk)

The games are chill. Our OG is chill (we don't cheer much, which is good, I don't like cheers anyways). We had butter chicken for supper (which was quite delicious), and we slept at 2.30am, which is way past my bedtime. And so my exhaustion continues...

Day 2: Beach Day

(Palawan Beach)

Headed to Sentosa for Beach Day, but I'm not exactly anticipating the beach (because I just returned from Langkawi, the island of beautiful beaches, so Sentosa is somewhat peanuts LOL). I dread the sweltering weather as well. I sounded like some 千金小姐, ohno! So anyways, we reached super early and so our OGLs made us walked the Broadway to Sentosa from Vivocity (it was my virgin experience). This was great, because I had good exercise in the morning + we get to save $4 from the need of taking the skytrain. :P Typical Singaporean.

Sunblock up! I hate the sunblock because of the sticky feeling it left, but experience from the Marina Barrage outing with Manda and Weina a few months ago tells me otherwise. Hahahas, we played a few games on the beach, and it was the first time that I got piggybacked by a guy (other than my dad). I felt sorry (not sorry) to HX and Tiansiang because I am actually super heavy. Oops! (But HX was great because he kept ensuring me that I'm not). :D

Then the beautiful cloudy windy weather decided to get jealous as we're having fun, that it decided to turn into a thunderstorm. Goddamnit! Due to wet weather, we really played lame games (eg. scissors, paper, stone) to pass time. Ohgawd. Had Subway for lunch (I'm really delighted because I finally had decent lunch hahahas!) :D

(Bus back to NUS, featuring my roomies)

Took a break before heading to the bidding lecture. Everything was confusing, even till now. How am I supposed to survive university when I already have problems understanding how to bid the modules -.- Okay, whatever. Too tired to trouble myself over that now. Hahahas!

Then we had this escape room game, and even with all the smart people in my group, we only managed to solve 40% of the entire mystery. Omg. Hahahas! I figured that if I want to go escape room with my friends next time, I better think twice. LOL! :D

This time we had HTHT session till 4.30am with a little bit of whiskey-mix-7up and Macs (which I didn't eat because who the hell eats Macs in the wee hours?!). I was feeling so high that I started to sprout something stupid and everyone got so shocked and everything. I think I made the night memorable. Hahahahas! (: Omg, embarrassing much.

Day 3: Amazing Race!

(Some park)

(My partner-in-crime)

Marcus here was way too hilarious LOLOL! He still dare to scold me for being drunk the night before when he couldn't even walk in a straight line blindfolded. 

(And here, I realised I really suck at drawing)

(Haw Par Villa)

It is really great to have a friend with super long arms that can act as a portable selfie stick so you wouldn't have to carry a stupid stick everywhere you go. Hahahahas! (: Credits to Marcus.

(Group photo)

After various stations, we finally headed for the War Games. My favourite segment of the camp! I love to play water. Hahahahas.

(Bloody wet)

(Still fun though!)

(Saluting our guard)

Went back to the hostel (we stayed in Eusoff hall by the way) for a shower before heading for dinner buffet and our finale night.

Showtime!

We changed the plot and actor/actress many times. Even till the very last minute, we were still changing.  And we kinda speed practice for like 15 minutes before the show? Hahahahas, I ended up as the clown. I think it was great because someone told me I looked like one anyways T.T So it's like being myself. Omg, slap that person! Hahahahas.

(CNY came late this year)

We won the most creative skit award!

I think our skit deserved that award. Hahahahas, it was damn freaking hilarious. We gave up on accuracy and just mainly concentrated on creativity. Many thanks to my OG mates, especially Marcus, for making this possible. (: This is like the first skit that I didn't 笑场, thanks to HX for encouraging me as I was super worried initially. It's funny now that I think about the panic attacks that Melissa and I shared before our performance.

(So we won the best Emily and best Magician)

To be honest, I was a little disappointed because I wanted the best Clown award too. But ohwell, the winner's acting skills were superb. She acted so much like the clown (whereas I just acted like myself lmao). :D

And after the performance, I heard the most comforting words in my entire life. And here it came from someone whom I barely knew. So he went something like: "Hey you did great! You were really damn hilarious. We didn't even think of engaging the judges. That was really awesome. I think you were deserving of the best Clown award!" Viola, it was as though he understood me. I mean, he went deeper and pointed out and compliment me, where everyone else just congratulate me for my performance. His words were really heartwarming.

He was the one who encouraged me to act (I have severe stage fright); he was the one who gave me confidence to act (because he actually laughed at my facial expressions, so I figured okay, I'll be funny enough LOL).

And for the last day, on my farewell card, he wrote: "That was a top-notch performance. I realised that you can be very different based on the mood and setting." (Because of my infamous alcohol incident)

I really want to thank this person. I barely knew him, yet he looked through me so quickly. Yes, I can be very different based on the mood and setting. He's just meticulous enough to notice it. And wah, his words really touched me. He was sincere, not the 敷衍 kind. My impression of him really changed alot. Suddenly, I felt warmth.

Marcus, even though it is high chance that we will revert back to being strangers after this camp, I think I will still keep your words in my heart. Thanks for everything. :D

Special thanks to Melissa and Manda tooos! Y'know the feeling of being appreciated by people? :D It was awesome!

Day 4: Chillax + Break Camp

(ChinLee and Melissa - my closer girlfriends who accompanied me throughout the trip)

Went for OG lunch at Morganfield (atas restaurant okay). Lucky I brought enough cash because I didn't bring any cards out lmao. I had Crayfish Macs and Cheese which tasted absolutely awesome! The best I have ever tasted, and it was filling. I even finished all the vegetables at the side! (Y) The place is famous for their ribs, but poor girl like me don't have enough cash so... 

(Ripped from sheknows.com)

Can't find any picture of my dish online (because I paiseh to take picture of the food before eating, I mean imagine taking pictures as the entire world stares at you lmao), but my dish looks something like that. (: Looks good huh!

(Don't be lazy, Edmily!)

The boy's birthday coming up soon and so we had a mini birthday celebration for him. The chocolate cake tasted delicious by the way, wonder where they got it from LOL! :D

(The last OG photo before we broke off)

Thanks for the awesome experience kiddos!

Credits to Melissa and Chinlee for being my closer girlfriends and accompanying me throughout my entire camp. Credits to Marcus for planning up the skit and making everyone of us laugh with your stupid (and heartwarming) words. Credits to HX for continuing to keep in contact with me, still making me laugh with his stupid cold jokes. Credits to Emily for being a nice roommate although we didn't talk much. Credits to the rest and my OGLs for making this camp a great one.

Small group = more bonding :D


Life is like a song.
In the beginning, there is mystery.
In the end, there's confirmation.
But it's in the middle that's where
all the emotion resides,
It makes the whole thing worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment