[ nos-tal-gia ]

Friday, June 17, 2016

Everything you ever wanted is at the other side of fears.

Reasons why I didn't apply for any internship this summer break


(Ripped from Tumblr)

A million-dollar question that nobody fails to ask me.

Well, first and foremost, I am money-motivated, and most internships are paid quite low (I understand that the main motive is to learn new things and gain experience). However, I need to earn enough to feed me for the next semester first ah. I like to be financially independent, and I do not like asking for allowance from my parents. Expenses for university are on the high side as well. Besides needing money to pay for my daily activities, such as meals, transport and daily necessities, money have to be put aside for textbooks and entertainment too. Sighs. #firstworldproblems

Secondly, I had only taken the 3 most basic modules from my major, and I feel that such insufficient knowledge cannot maximise my learning. Besides, there are so many different sectors in the Communications and New Media field, such as advertising and public relations. I have no inkling of what I want to try out yet. LOL. I haven't even take their introduction modules. T.T

That's just my opinions. To be honest, I really see no point in staying on for my current job (because it is simply physically demanding and I learn nothing except organisational skills perhaps), and would had quitted if not for the nice colleagues. Besides, I'm hanging on because the contract is only for a month. :/


The real voyage of discovering
Consists not in seeking new landscapes
But in having new eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment