[ nos-tal-gia ]

Friday, August 12, 2016

Baby, your smile's forever in my mind and memory.

Throwback trip to the Southern Islands a few days before school starts. Hehes :D I heard from my parents that St John Island used to be a popular camping spot, but over the years, the island is becoming increasingly unheard of. To be honest, if I didn't went to explore Marina South Pier that time with Idris (two semesters back LOL), I wouldn't have known their existence. Hahahahas! :D

(Our ferry to the islands)

The two-way ferry trip costs $18/pax, which is a little expensive (considering Pulau Ubin only costs $6 hahahas!). But ohwell, it was fun to explore a unknown place! Woohoo, excited much!

(6 dogs on board with us)

I had a phobia of dogs, and look how close they were to me. All the time I was squirming in my seat and praying that they would not come near me. Sighs. I have nowhere to run. LOL.

(Seeing MBS near the coast)

First Stop: St John Island
The ferry ride takes 30minutes, and the stupid me got so worried because I only ingested my motion sickness pills the moment I board the ferry (I'm supposed to take it 30minutes before geeez). Thankfully, the waters ain't that rough that day so the ferry was relatively stable, and I'm proud to say, I'm feeling very well! Hehehes.

(Jetty at St John Island)

(Pristine waters)

(Beach)

(Seats for you to rest)

(There is a tinge of black sand)

(The colours are actually nicer but my phone was unable to capture the beauty sighs)

(More trees)

(Kampong houses, and we saw plenty of chickens around)

(Pavement overlooking the seas)

Second Stop: Lazarus Island
St John Island is linked to Lazarus Island, so here we go! Lazarus Island is actually much prettier. :D

(On the way to Lazarus Island)

(The green is pretty)

(Let's take a moment to admire the beach)

(Fascinating weird fruit)

(Walk down further and we can spot Marina Bay at the end)

(It was actually very windy here)

Third Stop: Kusu Island
Took the ferry again to Kusu Island this time, but we only stayed for a mere 1h because of the last ferry. Sighs, I swear the ferry timings are weird. I had to spend 4h at St John Island / Lazarus Island. T.T

(Entrance to Kusu Island)

(All the temples)

(Small beach over there)

(Ending off with a one-try perfect jump shot but you can't see my face because the sun is too bright)

The trip was a total eye-opener, because I get to see the other side of Singapore. There ain't many people around, so woohoo, nobody to squeeze with; I have big areas to walk in; enjoying the peace and serenity. It was a good getaway. :D Thanks my parents for being so spontaneous for this trip.

But it was lucky that I didn't insist having a staycation over at St John Island because the bungalow chalet there really looks creepy... Sighs.


Lonely days of uncertainty,
they disappear when you are near me,
you're around, my life's worthwhile,
and now I hope to see you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment