[ nos-tal-gia ]

Sunday, August 14, 2016

These scars are tokens of promises broken.

(Ripped from Tumblr)

The moment when you realised that you probably chose the wrong combination of modules for school T.T Arghs, I was writing my assignment submissions and the other important deadlines on a timeline a few days ago, only then I realised how packed my schedule was. Sighs. Shit those assignments and presentations and examinations. Shit my life. I suddenly realised how free my previous semester was. LOL, and thankfully I overloaded last semester.

First week of school had gone like a breeze. They were only introduction lectures and so everything is light, but I regretted not reading my readings beforehand, because everything is eventually going to stack up, and yup, I can foresee a mountain building up soon.

(Ripped from giphy.com)

Went for my first seminar alone, and geez, I came out with a shock that it was my turn to present next week with a partner. It was randomised by the professor, and I have no idea whether to cry or laugh. Being the first group ever is really no joke because we do not have any reference, and really, we only had that few days to prepare? Friday was the seminar, this coming Wednesday is the deadline of the presentation outline, and soon, the coming Friday will be the presentation. and I'm afraid I will screw things up. Then again, tutorials have yet to start, so I have relatively more time on hand to prepare now? Shall just get it over and done with. Jiayous yanqi! :D

Thankful for a great partner, YuRong, whom really helped a lot. Even though the researching and staring at the information for two whole days (as of now) irked me a lot (and partially I wasn't prepared to start school yet), I'm grateful to have this responsible partner who always push me. I initially thought that Amanda was bad, because she is always kanchiong about deadlines, but hahahas now I found someone who is worst. In a good way, I mean. Better to finish things up fast and get it over and done with. I had heard a lot of bad comments about NM majors from Dewei, and geeez, I rather have a kanchiong groupmate than those who procrastinates much. Yes! P.S. This is not a complaint, but more of appreciation that someone is there to push me.

~

Throwback to Tonkotsu Kazan @ Novena Square with the family. I realised I have been eating a lot of Japanese food these days. Oops. Anyways, this restaurant is well-known for their volcano ramen, and so I went there with an excited feeling because it was my second time trying volcano ramen. Hahahas! :D

(Chicken Karrage)

Ordered this for appetizer, and hmm it tasted not bad. The mayonnaise is however, too creamy for my liking T.T

(Volcano Ramen)

The staff will place this cone-lid over your bowl of ramen, and the steam will come out like an erupting volcano. And there you go, volcano ramen! :D Interesting concept LOL.

(The end product of the volcano eruption)

A free bowl of rice is given so that you can mix it with the leftover soup. 2 persons can share this, it is quite a huge portion. But okay, to be honest, this ramen is also not to my liking. LOL.

(Gyoza)

Gyoza taste average. Sighs. Total bill comes up to $30, and even though it is enough for the 3 of us (relatively cheap for Japanese food), I think the food is not up to standard though :/ Cries.

(Cheesecake by The Cheesecake Factory)

My sister said this is a must-try! I tried and thought it was average, but the crust has a tinge of cinnamon taste to it, which is quite unique. Quite worth it, 8 slices for $15. It is much cheaper than you patronise outside shops. Hahahas! :D

Okay sighs, shall go back to doing up the presentation slides zzz.


And you can use my skin to bury secrets in,
and I will settle you down, and at my own suggestion,
I will ask no questions, while I do my thing in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment