[ nos-tal-gia ]

Monday, August 8, 2016

Let's grab a bottle of wine and watch the stars.

 Time really flies and summer break has eventually came to an end. It was a fulfilling three months break. I went on my first ever holiday trip with friends, did my favourite hiking activities with my family, found a job and earned some cash to tide me for the semester (albeit insufficient), made a few new colleague-friends, met up with the old friends, and most importantly, stepped out of my comfort zone such as going drinking and giving tuition.

But I am still a little unsatisfied. I could actually work for 3 months rather than a mere 6 weeks. Or better still, find some internship. T.T But ohwell, no dwelling on history. It's time to move on.

And today is the first day of school. It was made less dreadful because I had a friend with me for my first lecture of the new academic year. Although we are not on close terms, it is still heartening to see a familiar face and knowing that I am not alone in this entire shit. Thankful for you. :D

Headed towards the library after my lecture to find a textbook but it was nowhere to be found. Wtf. T.T The library ought to improve on their efficiency, I have been searching high and low for this stupid particular textbook for a week already.

Bought lunch home and refreshed awhile before heading out to Somerset to meet Amanda and L for dinner and a drinking session. Hehehes! :D


(Kanshoku Ramen Bar)

I got their Signature Kanshoku Ramen, but it just tasted meh. I added an egg, but it was also not as flavourful as the previous few Japanese restaurants I patronised. Amanda's Spicy Tonkutsu Ramen just tasted spicy, but I like L's black garlic ramen though! The broth's not as salty as well, so yay! :D

Anyways, a major throwback to Tanuki Raw lunch with dearest Amanda last week. We ordered and shared their Salmon Kaisen and Bara Chirashi lunch bowls.

(The lunch bowls looked small, but surprisingly filling.)

It was not bad, but I guessed it shall be my first and last time patronising the restaurant, because I don't find it that fantastic for its price. Then again, sashimi are all expensive and this is considered a cheaper alternative....


If people want to build a ship,
don't drum up people together to collect wood
and don't assign them tasks and work,
but rather teach them to long for the
endless immensity of the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment