[ nos-tal-gia ]

Thursday, August 4, 2016

It sucks when the emotions run deep, but the communication is weak.

So I recently read a Dayre post whereby the author was saying how she did not want to embark on the giving-tuition route because she was afraid that she might 'ruin' the student's future with half-hearted teaching. Well, I do agree with her. Giving tuition, despite being an extremely well-paying job (for undergraduates, at least), requires high commitment and responsibility on the tutor's side. And I think it is important for tutors to keep to this unspoken pact with their tutees.

Many friends of mine are giving tuitions, and to be honest, I am quite tempted to as well. This is quick money really; where else can you find a job that pays well with little working hours. Hahas, but I was not academically strong, hence I did not want to take up tuition for fear of 'ruining' the student's future (LOL).

However...


(Ripped from http://mcblogs.montgomerycollege.edu)

1. University expenses are really very high
(and I need to save some money for exchange)

2. Since everyone is doing it, why can't I!


And so I decided to challenge myself.


It actually took me quite a long time to decide if I should accept the assignment, because I'm worried about the commitments (school and music lessons are time-consuming already) and my capabilities. However, I eventually give in to the temptations and jump onto the bandwagon.


I realised I can still handle primary school work, however I am just afraid that my teachings/explanations are not up to standard (ie. my kid have no idea what I'm talking about). Sighs.


But I will do my best.

~


By the way, my mummy dragged me to Keisuke Tonkotsu King the other day for lunch, and viola, I tasted one of the best ramen in Singapore (so far). We ordered two bowls of ramen – normal and black spicy (peppery version) – with seaweed and flavored egg (semi-runny, and the yolk is simply amazing).


Their pork bone broth is so tasty (despite being a little salty) that I ended up slurping the entire bowl clean. This outlet really lived up to its name when it says it specializes in pork bone broth. It is really that delicious.


(Normal flavor)

(Black spicy ramen)

The only bad thing was that I felt a little claustrophobic inside. The space is very small, so walking is very difficult. Everything is very squeezy (is it the same as Japan? I haven't been to Japan yet. Sighpie). And the million-dollar question, is it expensive? Well, the total bill came up to $30, which is the average price of ramen bowls, so hahahas, I would patronise again.



Deep down, away from all the noise,
Where your soul blankets your heart and your dreams,
Lie in wait. You are not afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment